Recent content by jbro24

1. jbro24

Yarra Trail (Burnley) to be Closed until 2013

Saw some new posters on my way in to work today along the Yarra Trail. It says that they are adding another new lane to the freeway and that the PATH BETWEEN PUNT AND GLENEFERRIE ROAD WILL BE CLOSED FOR 2 YEARS. I had a look at http://www.m1upgrade.com.au/ but the site was down. A detour...
  2. jbro24

Selling everything - how much is it worth??

Where are you looking at selling? I would be interested in everything other than the bike
  3. jbro24

Master worlds

we can dream!!
  4. jbro24

I must agree, I would have thought that you would have an idea of what you want for it all.
  5. jbro24

The argument for singlespeed

I thought running was the third gear!! :)
  6. jbro24

Thanks. Are you looking to sell as a lot or are you willing to seperate?
  7. jbro24

An interesting collection , how much did you pay for it all, do you still have the reciepts? What size is the bike?
  8. jbro24

2011 an Otway Odyssey

2011 Odyssey I just got my entry to the 100km I will need every day of the next six months to have any chance of being fit enough
  9. jbro24

To build or not to build? A Mosque at Ground Zero, that is...

America and Japan where openly at war with each other, and there is no comparison here!! 2,957 people died during 9/11 (excluding hijackers) and over 6,000 people were injured! Given the 10s of 1000s of people still morning over the loss of loved ones, I dont see it as being racist', I see...
  10. jbro24

"Scrap bike helmet law" says health expert

A number of European countries have Strict Liability, where it's always the motorist at fault when they collide with vulnerable road users like pedestrians and cyclists. (This applies equally to a cyclist hitting a pedestrian - the cyclist is at fault). Basically, cars kill. Those who drive...
  11. jbro24

Well, if you can hire a bike why not hire a helmet at the same time (with a free hair net or similar). What's the big deal??
  12. jbro24

Adults don't always make good decisions. Remember the head/brain injury a helmet saves could be yours. I will be wearing a helmet!!!
  13. jbro24

Poll Time: How to tackle the world's energy problems?

Wave Energy Interestingly no one has really spoken about the significant benifits of wave energy. Some great research is being undertaken in Western Australia. Information can be found at http:///www.carnegiewave.com/ if anyone is interested.
  14. jbro24

When is it too wet?

I think that this idea could have legs and it is something that LDTR could be a leader in and promote with ParksVic to establish a track/maintenance fund with all paid events held at Lysterfield, (be it a skills day or CTS race) paying a $5 - $10 fee. I would be happy to pay this additional fee...
  15. jbro24

When is it too wet?

I don't think that organisations can be held soley responsible for the damage to tracks, organisations don't damage tracks riders do! Organisations like FGP need to be thanked for all the hardwork and effort they put in, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have races like CTS. As riders do we...