Recent content by JRXS

1. J

Shimano mineral brake fluid

The equivalent is a hydraulic suspension fluid or a mineral oil specifically for brake systems. Penrite LHM Plus is the one to use if you need some. I use both Shimano and the LHM.
  2. J

Cheap Chinese video cameras?

Got an SJ4000 with all the attachements off eBay for under A$130 delivered (inc chest mount). Vid quality is very good, and the car suction mount is very stable. Mainly used for a car cam, but will use it MTBing if the need arises. Heaps of samples and reviews on YouTube.
  3. J

Cheap eBay (fake?) Avid HS1 rotors

Got a pair on the commuter, and been fine so far. Stops ok and no pulsing or noise. Sintered pads on Clarks Skeletals. Pad area is larger than the rotor contact face, but still works!
  4. J

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Fitted some Schwalbe Kojaks (26x2.0) and went out for a road ride.... :laugh:
  5. J

Boot-mount bike carrier... Thought's?

I use the Saris Bones RS (http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehicle-racks/trunk-racks/bones-rs.html) and its one of the most secure trunk/boot mounted racks I have ever used (Toyota Camry). It is way more secure than my mate's towball mounted unit, with almost zero movement if you are only...
  6. J

Hard Bicycle carry case interest gathering

Sounds good... Let us know the final dimensions and specs on it, and you'd probably get a few people interested.
  7. J

The three best parts I've ever bought are....

1. Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow saddle 2. Rock Shox Reba RLT Dual Air 3. Fuji Gel Gloves
  8. J

Cycling glasses to cover prescription glasses

Hi everyone, The solution that I came across was to use a 'fitover' pair of sunglasses. Been using them for over 3 years now, and will never go to a pair of prescription sunnies again. I use the polarized copper lenses, and the trail literally jumps out at you even if its overcast and cloudy...