Recent content by Keven

1. K

Is a Yeti SB66C $3600 better than an alloy 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo?

That's about the only gripe I have with the X... On all the Fox stuff right now is the lack of adjustability (ie HSC/LSC etc)
  2. K

I can only compare it to RP23's and DHX5's. But amazing, better small bump compliance and a plush bottomless feeling all the way through the travel without sacrificing support.
  3. K

My Stable *2014 UPDATE*

This is my other new toy: 2013 Fuji SST 1.1 I picked it up at a steal as it's 'last years model' So far I've put just under 1000km on it in a couple of months and it's still feeling pretty awesome. I don't think my legs have ever felt this strong on the MTB before (which is really the only...
  4. K

I'm back on NN on the rear of mine so it's current weight is about 12.5kg with E13 flats and a DH tube in the rear. If you like the feel of a DH bike, try to get the rig with the new Fox Float X, closest thing to a cool shock that's not a coil shock.
  5. K

My Stable *2014 UPDATE*

The big girl was feeling neglected, so a full strip and rebuild was in order. Picked my shock up from TBSM (warranty job) and a few nice bits too... New Renthal carbon bars New Prologo saddle in custom blue New Raceface grips Rode the bike for the first time in over a month, feels like an...
  6. K

I wrote a review on my SB66c in my build thread: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230340
  7. K

Who uses their CTD

I think it depends on MY, suspension type and riding style really. I hardly use the C on any of my 2014 gear, however, the SB's are known for not much pedal bob.
  8. K

UCI publishes list of UCI Mountain Bike Teams for 2014

3 things stood out straight away: 1) No Steve Peat? 2) No Holly Feniak? 3) A strong contingent of Aussies this year (YEEEWWWW!)
  9. K

QLD SOLD please delete

I'll take it. PM sent
  10. K

2014 Fox Float X: Problems?

Yeah... I'm clenched as we speak
  11. K

Well, neither the 'trail' or 'climb' mode worked at all, so it must be a pretty decent problem.
  12. K

Just an update: took the whole bike to TBSM this afternoon, they pretty much said that the shock is rooted and that the noise heard while compressing is actually oil and air trying to squeeze past each other. So it's being sent to Sola under warranty (phew) with at least a 3 week wait. Hope this...
  13. K

TBH I never paid any attention where the squeak was coming from, might check out the bushings.
  14. K

No remote on the CTD. My SB is over 12 months old but I did reset the sag. Might have to send it back to Fox me thinks :(
  15. K

Although a new shock, I know a few of you have them OEM on the new frame. Is anyone having any issues with theirs? Mine is mounted on a 2013 Yeti SB66c, it has a slight squeak when compressing (which granted, could be the mounts) but also doesn't seem to lock out in 'climb' mode as well as it...