2014 Fox Float X: Problems?

Keven

Likes Dirt
Although a new shock, I know a few of you have them OEM on the new frame. Is anyone having any issues with theirs?
Mine is mounted on a 2013 Yeti SB66c, it has a slight squeak when compressing (which granted, could be the mounts) but also doesn't seem to lock out in 'climb' mode as well as it used to.
Still super happy with how it feels and performs but just wanted to put the feelers out before U go harass Fox.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If its a new SB, re adjust your sag, linkage has most likely worn in a little. Do you have remote CTD? If so retention the barrel adjuster on it to get rid of the stretch in the cable.

Cant say mine makes any squeaky sounds, only makes sounds on big compression like when hitting the bottom of a gully hard.

Rhys

Keven

Likes Dirt
No remote on the CTD. My SB is over 12 months old but I did reset the sag.
Might have to send it back to Fox me thinks :(

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
i have a 2013 trance 29er xo, has had creakige to what we think is the sanchions meeting the crown. Had it looked at by local suspension lad, and read some forums. Not sure idf it is the same issue but suggestions were it's because kashima coat is slightly thicker, so cheaper stanchions have slight play. lots on google about dudes using locktight upside down and leaving for creak free operation. havent bothered with warrenty or above, comes and goes.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a 2013 trance 29er xo, has had creakige to what we think is the sanchions meeting the crown. Had it looked at by local suspension lad, and read some forums. Not sure idf it is the same issue but suggestions were it's because kashima coat is slightly thicker, so cheaper stanchions have slight play. lots on google about dudes using locktight upside down and leaving for creak free operation. havent bothered with warrenty or above, comes and goes.
Think he is talking about shock not fork

DJR

Likes Dirt
when you say squeaking, is it like a bushing squeak or a squishy/bubble sound? If its the former maybe time for new bushings, bubble/squishing, it might need a bleed/service to get air out of the oil?

Keven

Likes Dirt
Just an update: took the whole bike to TBSM this afternoon, they pretty much said that the shock is rooted and that the noise heard while compressing is actually oil and air trying to squeeze past each other.
So it's being sent to Sola under warranty (phew) with at least a 3 week wait.
Hope this is an isolated incident.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a common problem with alot of shocks, often unoticiable except from picky riders
The factory assembly is rushed and the shock has abit of air in the damper which causes the aeration
the lbs has exaggerated how big the problem is though.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, neither the 'trail' or 'climb' mode worked at all, so it must be a pretty decent problem.
What I mean its not a major mechanical issue with lots of parts required, its just the guy who assembled it in the factory was having a off day, just not quite enough oil put in.

DJR

Likes Dirt
I had that problem ages ago with my dhx air 4, from riding about with 0psi in the boost valve chamber. Squished for a while till i bled the shock. Has been fine since then. Seems some things never change :)