Recent content by kiwiinmelb

1. kiwiinmelb

Rock Shox Deluxe tuning options

Ive had the super deluxe ( actually have it now on a nukeproof mega) and had the deluxe on a trek remedy , Found the deluxe worked best full of tokens and less air pressure ,just found it ramped up nicer , the super deluxe has a much more natural progressive feel and more life and support...
  2. kiwiinmelb

Derailleur setup advice

Cheers , Ill grab some loctite and see how I go
  3. kiwiinmelb

Derailleur setup advice

Gday , just after some trouble shooting advice, Im no mechanical expert, mostly tend to use mechanics , Have a XO derailleur , all other parts of the drivetrain are NX , I can get the derailleur running and shifting smooth, but after an hour or so in to a ride, the chain pops off at the...
  4. kiwiinmelb

Aldi bike sale

Reminds me, im a self emloyed tradie, and a few years ago , a supplier of materials i buy dropped off a few xmas presents at a job site , included was a slab I had never seen before , I looked at this beer and thought cool, looks like some expensive exotic craft beer ,that will be nice over...
  5. kiwiinmelb

Will I look stupid wearing full face on XC tracks?

I have one , its pretty light and comfy considering
  6. kiwiinmelb

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Ive had a lot of incidents like that at Lysty over the years, it seems to attract those types for whatever reason, one day I had a lady walking up snipe with a group of handicap kids as i was coming down , i had to go off the trail , luckily escaped injury, And on saturday , same trail , as...
  7. kiwiinmelb

Deleting or deactivating account.

What is an internet pissing contest ?
  8. kiwiinmelb

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Don’t mean this to sound like a selfish question given the seriousness of the situation , but just curious because it is my form of cardio which is important to my health at 57. But at what point are we likely to not be allowed to go mtbing ?
  9. kiwiinmelb

Bargain buys thread

I brought 3 pairs of these socks , pretty comfy , https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fox-8-DH-Creo-Trail-Cycling-Socks-Black-Yellow-Red-Teal-S-M-L-XL/163529869004?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=463546268692&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
  10. kiwiinmelb

RS Super Deluxe air vs Fox DPX2

Found a video ,
  11. kiwiinmelb

RS Super Deluxe air vs Fox DPX2

There is an aussie guy on you tube called MTB telly , he is quite good with suspension set up info He did a few videos on exactly that , he had a dpx2 and a Super deluxe, interchanged them on his bike and made comparisons , the super deluxe came out in front for him
  12. kiwiinmelb

MTB Etiquette

Get used to talking about bikes , if you have conversations with MTBers , that is pretty much all that gets spoken
  13. kiwiinmelb

Whats been the best bike of your life?

I had a 2012 brown Trek Rumblefish that I had a lot of fun on , a great name for a bike :) , I think Trek stuffed up by not continuing with that name
  14. kiwiinmelb

How long is a bike good for?

I tell my wife it works out cheaper to keep upgrading before they devalue , just to cover myself
  15. kiwiinmelb

Newly Released Bikes General

its funny Ive got the 2020 Nukeproof Mega Expert , military green , I didnt buy it for the color , But after owning it for a month or so , the colour has really grown on me , army green with yellow writing , its at least different to everything else out there , Last bike was same or very...