Warburton trail updates

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
My understanding , tracks 2-8 are in the national park , and it’s the national park stuff what they are opposed to .

the EEC report last year knocked back the big epic trail drop a k that went through the rain forest, but approved this stuff that goes through a less pristine area, but parks are not accepting their approval and are fighting it , and it’s basically created a shit fight between the shire and parks.

And from what I can gather the stuff in the state forest which is the majority, is not under threat but the shire are fighting to get it all across the line as per the eec report

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt
My understanding , tracks 2-8 are in the national park , and it’s the national park stuff what they are opposed to .

the EEC report last year knocked back the big epic trail drop a k that went through the rain forest, but approved this stuff that goes through a less pristine area, but parks are not accepting their approval and are fighting it , and it’s basically created a shit fight between the shire and parks.

And from what I can gather the stuff in the state forest which is the majority, is not under threat but the shire are fighting to get it all across the line as per the eec report
Which ones are the ones in the state forest? Are they the ones by hey hey my my?

I was hoping some of the trails will be done before next winter so I get to sample them before all the rain hits, but maybe I'm too optimistic.

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Which ones are the ones in the state forest? Are they the ones by hey hey my my?

I was hoping some of the trails will be done before next winter so I get to sample them before all the rain hits, but maybe I'm too optimistic.
sorry for delay , yeah from hey hey through to mt little Joe to mt Tugwell , all that area , there is a heap of it

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
pump track is open for anyone that wants a play around after a ride on hey hey ,

A couple of hundred metres away near the footy oval

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Been sussing out the proposed trails a bit more in detail, what is standing out for me ,

it doesn’t seem to matter where in town you are staying or live , a fair chunk of the trails are a fair distance away and uphill to get there, the shuttle system will be a must for most people.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Been sussing out the proposed trails a bit more in detail, what is standing out for me ,

it doesn’t seem to matter where in town you are staying or live , a fair chunk of the trails are a fair distance away and uphill to get there, the shuttle system will be a must for most people.
How far away? Going uphill to the trails isn't all that bad. It is better to finish on a descent than a climb.
It is often difficult to have trails right from the town, just due to things like private land, clearing around the housing area. Derby is pretty unique in this area.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Well I mean Warburton is in the valley next to the Yarra so already at the lowest point...
There is already an existing trail that ends up in town from the Mt.Bride trails.
Up is a good thing...imagine it was all flat o_O

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
[QUOTE="Stredda, post: 3576355,
How far away? Going uphill to the trails isn't all that bad. It is better to finish on a descent than a climb.
It is often difficult to have trails right from the town, just due to things like private land, clearing around the housing area. Derby is pretty unique in this area.
[/QUOTE]

some of it will be close enough to ride , but the mt tugwell stuff in particular probably talking 10kms or so of climbing to just get up to that area.
I guess if there is 170 kms of trails to explore depends how much petrol you want to use up just getting there[/QUOTE]

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Well I mean Warburton is in the valley next to the Yarra so already at the lowest point...
There is already an existing trail that ends up in town from the Mt.Bride trails.
Up is a good thing...imagine it was all flat o_O
Mt bride rd will be the main shuttle route going up to that area , it’s all going a lot further up than those existing trails