Recent content by latheboy

1. L

The You Yangs Thread

Its a massive push by parks to lock people out. The Grampians are pretty much closed to rock climbing now with so many lies from parks, its only a matter of time before they come for the rest of us. The climbers, prospectors, dirtbikes, shooters, horse riders, even campers are losing ground. All...
  2. L

Ignition MTB festival who's going

I'll be at falls with a big crew, we will have hangovers but are hard enough to ride anyway..
  3. L

Found

No man, all good now thanks.
  4. L

26 rear / 27.5 front - rad or bogus?

Do it, some of the older crew would have run 26" fronts and 24" rear back in the day
  5. L

Home brew 104bcd spider

Without looking at the links, I like this idea.. Its rough but will get the job done. Grind a square onto the cutting tool you have and bamm, straight into the extension.. You should measure and scribe the post to the dimension you want to remove so you have a guide. That will be angry when...
  6. L

Home brew 104bcd spider

Trefolex is a poison, please throw it away
  7. L

█▬█ acks

Good job on the print, here's one I did a while ago. Printers are rad. Don't know if I'd call it a "hack" though as its a part made from scratch.
  8. L

Sunday afternoon metalwork challenge - will XD fit inside microspline?

Missed this, I haven't been around for a while... Anything will fit anything else its just how much do you want to spend to make it work? Looking at just the pics, yes I could make an adaptor but he cost would be too high and the xd would have to be modified so becomes none std ..
  9. L

Handmade Bicycle Show Australia

I was up at buller for the closing weekend and heard about it while riding my homemade bike haha.. I would have gone if if know about it.. Do you have to one of the kool kids to know about it?
  10. L

DH New bike build

Fab time is free and materials at cost or free :)
  11. L

DH New bike build

All very good points that why I moved on from that idea.. The braces where just thrown in to give me an idea of what it would look like, they aren't evenly spaced or anything
  12. L

DH New bike build

This is what I was thinking with the swinger, but I'm not liking it much today. That's the good thing about CAD, its easy to change stuff in a moments notice..
  13. L

DH New bike build

I have a new design for the swinger to, the aluminum one is cool and all but it doesn't match the chromo front. I'll take a picture of the CAD tomorrow, but just imagine a couple of round bits at each end and some trellis tube work and you've got it.
  14. L

DH New bike build

As much as i love the DBL, its about 5 months old now so need a new one. I had it weighed a on some bike shop scales and they said 19.1kg where as my super accurate house scales said 20.0 My mates kona operator was 18, so its in the ball park. Now to make it lighter, the geo is set and I'm happy...
  15. L

Bike classifications

Have you considered having a bike made with your specs? Mojo seem to build bikes to what you want