Recent content by Lilley

1. Lilley

27.02.16 - 2012 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er

A lot of Specialized (and possibly other) dealers now have specials on the 2016 range. Pricing on a new bike may be a lot more appealing then when you last looked.
  2. Lilley

Looking At Starting Trials

Which particular YaaBaa is it? They are good bikes, especially for anyone on a budget. YaaBaa is a sub brand of Koxx, one of the biggest manufacturers of competition trials bikes.
  3. Lilley

hey guys

The Queensland Bike Trials Club will have a new calendar out very soon. Follow them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Queensland-Bike-Trials-Club/289135146951?ref=hl
  4. Lilley

Trials youtube of the week

Janine "J9" Jungfels A little video I put together of J9 on her new bike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KtSbQWks8Q&feature=share&list=UUuBggsDVFQRvNbFiE__m_iA
  5. Lilley

bike for Dad

Good to hear. Have fun and feel free to post for any advice etc.
  6. Lilley

Suoer squeaky vee brakes

No. Would be a pretty awesome substance if there was :) As theallcreator pointed out though a grind can make the brake quieter then trials pads on a smooth rim or a light grind because the brake slips less. You still get a noise but it is shorter and sharper so arguably less annoying. Making...
  7. Lilley

Minor damage during freight - what's a reasonable outcome?

Hopefully you get some joy. If it wasn't packed in a bike box the courier company may say it was incorrectly packaged and put the responsibility onto your shipper. Unfortunately while bubble wrap protects from impact and vibration it will wear very quickly. Also a bike out of a bike box won't...
  8. Lilley

Suoer squeaky vee brakes

Sorry I think this thread got a little confusing. Grinding the rim is what makes the brakes noisy. It is perfectly normal. Try not to use the rear brake when just cruising between riding spots, your front disc will slow you down plenty and using the rear brake to slow down will wear the pads...
  9. Lilley

Suoer squeaky vee brakes

Actually many of us choose to leave the tyre on the rim. When you put the tyre back on after grinding the inside of the tyre tends to contaminate your grind and reduces the effectiveness of your brake. Yes it is being pedantic but if you are looking to get the best possible performance then...
  10. Lilley

Suoer squeaky vee brakes

Yes your brakes should be super noisy. What is most important is that they work. If you aren't getting the lock you need then maybe a fresh grind is in order. Sounds like you found the link already but if not...
  11. Lilley

bike for Dad

The Inspired Element and Fourplay are both bikes that fit the bill perfectly for what you want to do. Feel free to drop me an email at tim@expressivebikes.com if you would like some more info. I might even have a 2nd hand one coming up shortly :) We also have an Inspired dealer in Sydney. The...
  12. Lilley

are we being scammed with the high AUS dollar?

I see the point you are trying to make but I think the example you give highlights the strengths of a different style of business model rather then just looking at how much our Aussie dollar buys. Maybe somewhere like CellBikes is the closest match in Australia.
  13. Lilley

Trials youtube of the week

Andrew Dickey - Black Bike Volume 2. Some big lines in this. http://youtu.be/0UKUdkvthKE
  14. Lilley

Yoga and MTB

Trials rider/mountain biker Ryan Leech (various Kranked films etc) is now a yoga instructor. He does yoga courses at events like Sea Otter and also takes part in biking and yoga combination retreats. He blogs a bit about yoga and biking on his site www.ryanleech.com While I have huge respect...
  15. Lilley

World Cup Win for J9

Big shout out and congratulations to Aussie rider Janine "J9" Jungfels who just won round 4 of the UCI Trials World Cup in Pra Loup, France overnight. J9 held off a strong come back from Tatiana Janickova on the final lap to claim the title. Anyone keen to follow the World Cup series or...