Recent content by michaelcoota

1. M

20 inch 1 1/8 suspension forks

There are a couple of ok air forks in 20" - the spinner 20" fork has 50mm travel, then the mrp rustler with 80mm travel, very expensive though and made to order at mrp
  2. M

converting hope hub to 12 x 142

Pretty sure it's silver on the cassette side, black on rotor side, will check tomorrow for you.
  3. M

Evo- just the end caps. Pair of pliers should pop them off, then push the replacements onto the end of the axle. Just keep an eye on which side is black, which is silver when you swap them.
  4. M

The evo version uses the same axle throughout the different 135mm versions, just a simple end cap swap- pair of pliers and some grease, literally a 30 second job, maybe 5 mins if you have the cassette still on there- just need to unscrew the cassette cap to remove and replace the axle end cap...
  5. M

FSA orbit option head problems in Glory

sorry if I'm dredging up an old thread but I have had similar problems on and off with an FSA orbit option headset running a 1.5 head tube with 1 1/8 steerer. It gave off a cracking noise similar to what an angleset gives off when not seated 100 %, as described its when you hit a square edged...
  6. M

Mt Buller - All you need to know

Easter Mirimbah Shuttles Hi All, I spoke to Stuart last week and the Mirimbah Shuttle service will be running over the easter holiday period. Hopefully the weather holds out for the long weekend!
  7. M

Knee pads/protection

+1 on the g-form pads, if you get the sizing right they sit reasonably well when pedalling and do make a big difference on impacts provided you land on the padded areas. I tend to use these all the time for xc rides. I also have the POC VPD knees but they tend to get hot/uncomfortable after...
  8. M

Megavalanche advice!

My only knowledge is of the Reunion island Megavalanche event but overall endurance fitness played a really big part- descending for such a long distance really works your forearms and legs. 6" travel bikes were the most common, but people qualified in the top 50 on anything from 5" AM bikes...
  9. M

AM Helmet

Interesting to hear someone is using the POC Helmet. I have been waiting for the MIPS version which is apparently coming out in the next month or so. Have had a Met parachute for a while but have ended up not using it much as it fit just doesn't seem right.
  10. M

All Mountain Tyres

Iive been running the 2.35 Hans Dampf now for about 6 months and they seem to be great in anything but really muddy conditions, with front and rear for AM or with a 2.25 Racing Ralph on the rear for tracks with more significant climbs. They do tend to wear fast on the rear through with the usual...
  11. M

Safety Warning: Shimano Pro Atherton Direct-Mount Stem read it if you use one.

I also have the version with 18mm bolts, bike purchased locally. Looks like not all the stems were corrected before being sold.