Recent content by mookins

1. M

Recovery from AC joint injury and surgery

Hi, I recently stuffed my shoulder riding, type III acromioclavicular (AC) joint separation. I had surgery, hook plate, to hold it in place while the tendons and whatever else is in there heal. 6 weeks from the operation I am to have the arm in a sling and I am not "fit to drive" which is a...
  2. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Set up my Giant Reign 0 (2011) with a 1x10 system. Got a 30 tooth RaceFace chainring, way too low for a shuttle day but should be good on the trails (I have a second Giant Reign that is being built which will be for shuttle days and will have a much more suitable chainring size). Also custom...
  3. M

2011 Fox 36 Van 160 R - Replacement CSU

Following up on my own post, it seems that it might be possible. It seems that the difference between the CSU on the air units vs the coil units is that the air units have a specific finish and coating on the inside of the stanchion legs to provide a seal for the air spring unit. The coil sprung...
  4. M

2011 Fox 36 Van 160 R - Replacement CSU

Hi, I have a pair of 2011 Fox 36 Van 160 R forks which are on a bike I want to rebuild. They are in desperate need of new stanchions, absolutely stuffed they are. I have found some Fox 36 Talas CSU for a decent price that I was hoping might work. These are the forks I have...
  5. M

New trails at Buxton

I was there last weekend (10th October) and it was in great condition; excellent morning riding. A good quality video from before the closure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPIfNy-7yx0 And another from the day after I was there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTObEGhyFY Those are...
  6. M

New guy

I remember drooling over the Intense bikes back when I was in my teens (13+ years!). Not much has changed... still a tough looking bike.
  7. M

Looking for a while, time to contribute

Hey everyone, It's been a long while since I registered, just never got around to posting. Haven't had a bike in years and set myself a deadline and getting one within the month second hand, or else buying a brand new 2013 Reign 2. From Victoria and hope to get out and 4x4 to places and ride...