Recent content by mr_h._simpson

1. M

Rotoura with a 6 year old?

Thanks heaps for the replies. NZ here we come!
  2. M

Rotoura with a 6 year old?

Howdy, We're planning a family holiday to NZ. Has anyone here been to Rotorua with a young family? We've got a 10 and 6 year old and are wondering if there are any tracks they could ride, especially the 6 year old. Also, any opinions on what's a good length of time to stay there given the...
  3. M

NSW Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2015 Medium SOLD

Bike is sold
  4. M

Price Drop Price drop to $2250. And I know you want more so for a limited time you also get: -Pump,:shocked: - 2 x Zefal Water bottle cages :shocked:, and - Carbon Ultegra pedals:shocked::cheer2:
  5. M

Price Drop Bargain! At this price you cant afford to not buy it!
  6. M

Item: Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2015 Medium size Location: Batemans Bay (Sth Coast NSW) Item Condition: Bike has done about 500km. It is as new with the exception of a tiny bit of rub on one chain stay where my heel rubbed when riding. Got tape on that spot after the first ride so no more...
  7. M

339mm BB height and pedal strikes

Well, thanks heaps for the advice and personal experiences everyone. I put my money down on a Remedy 29er. Totally different to the Anthem SX I was originally thinking and a bit closer to the Nomad. Minimising pedal strikes was high on the list for me and given people's experiences I...
  8. M

Thanks again for the thoughts. There's too many choices in bikes!
  9. M

MTB and Life & TPD Insurance

I'm with Asteron Insurance. No exclusions about cycling.
  10. M

Thanks heaps for the replies everyone! I hadn't thought about the BB height figure being at rest and the Nomad having quite a bit of sag due to the 6" travel. Given the experience Travis has had I might keep looking around and see if I can find something closer to 345 or so mm. Thanks...
  11. M

Hello, The trusty old Nomad is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm thinking of getting an Anthem SX Advanced 27.5 to replace it. Something a bit different. The BB height on the Anthem SX is about 15mm lower than the Nomad at 339mm and I was wondering if it would be prone to pedal...
  12. M

NSW SOLD 2014 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Medium - As New

Item: Giant TCR Advanced 2 2014 Medium Location: Batemans Bay NSW Item Condition: As new. Ridden 6 times. Specs are unchanged and as per Giant website. Please note there is a very small section where the clear coat has lifted off (see pic). Bike came like this. Reason for selling: I'm...
  13. M

Drilling a BB drain hole

Drilled through the BB of my alloy Nomad 5 years ago for same reason you mentioned. Haven't had any problems.
  14. M

VIC ****SOLD***Specialized Pitch Comp 2011 - 6" Enduro Trail weapon!

Had one of these for a few years. Rode it everywhere. Insanely fun and confidence inspiring bike! GLWS.
  15. M

MTB hubs in road bike?

Thanks for all the info Willy Pete!