Recent content by mtb_ts

1. mtb_ts

Scott 25 Hour - 2013

Village layout hardly changes each year. It's a doddle. On another note, I'm needing to get down there from Sydney area (not with bike) and join the event crew if anyone can share a seat in their car.
  2. mtb_ts

Testing my new Chinese shellite hiking stove

Yes, always with Jetboil brand gas cans. Lunch on a Nordic trail at Perisher-cooked well, used the orange legs & 5mm foam underneath from a cut bed mat. Also camps at Federation Hut, Mt Stirling, Mirimbah, Bright in ski season. Worked up to 1600m no probs. Cheaper gas cans perform less...
  3. mtb_ts

The equivalent major brand stoves from MSR & over$200. I have a Jetboil I use for flying & hiking to save hassles. But when going to alpine hut camping in winter, shellites faster than metho & a lot cheaper than throwaway gas cans. Plus if in a pinch, fuel is as close as a servo. For the mat...
  4. mtb_ts

The stove runs on kero, shellite, petrol (would avoid E10). Its fast and powerful and costed me far less than the leading brands. Here is my test video in which I boiled 500ml water in around 4 minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURZvPGj5Gw
  5. mtb_ts

noob saing hello and offering "downhill land" for development.

Its a grand offer, might even make a great spot for camping out (tent), but please consider questions of liability (public liability) and get legal advice. You/your parents could one day have some rider break his neck or other body part and once those things happen, and injured people get...
  6. mtb_ts

Accommodation in canberra

Queanbeyan has cheaper motels than Canberra.
  7. mtb_ts

Ourimbah - question from a mexican

Nah, sorry
  8. mtb_ts

Cascade Hut / Pinch River / Pilot Wilderness ride

Sounds awesome. Doesn't it start near Dead Horse Gap?
  9. mtb_ts

Buller Roturburner Identifier

May pop in as a volunteer (3rd year) at the Vic DH/Nationals DH. I will probably pickup an XC hire bike at Mirimbah or on the mountain to burn up XC/light DH trails when I am bored & just generally move about the mountain faster than walking. So I don't have a bike picture yet.
  10. mtb_ts

The Cheap Race Thread [NSW]. NOW WITH CALENDAR

Busy promoters (running a number of events in more than one state) have an almost full-time job filled up with planning and all the back-office and admin stuff for the events and their business. As for the price, they've gotta make a living somehow if it doesn't leave enough time for a regular...
  11. mtb_ts

Ourimbah - question from a mexican

You can fly from Tullamarine to Newcastle direct with JQ or DJ.
  12. mtb_ts

Scott 24 Hr 2012

I'm interested if anyone's got a spot in a car going on Friday or even Thursday. I'm intending to join its volunteers, so I'll be part of the stuff that makes it happen. Can go from anywhere in or around Sydney.
  13. mtb_ts

Anyone going to the Scott 24 2012? Looking for share ride.

Looking for share ride to the Scott 24 at Stromlo this October 2012. I'm in Sydney area, but can come to Wollongong, city, or Bowral area. Its for a non-rider (volunteer).
  14. mtb_ts

The 3 Peaks Challenge - Anyone Done It?

I have volunteered at a few of the 3 Peaks races, and frequent the North-East Vic region so can answer questions about the towns & facilities. I was the popular 'leadfoot" sag wagon driver the 2 years before last. Strict application of the rules of cut-off times has become necessary in...
  15. mtb_ts

Anyone near warilla...

Warilla is a dodgy area of Wollongong. Behind the sparkling ocean with its backdrop of the ranges, are a number of seedy neighbourhoods, dominated by government housing, welfare and all the usual that goes with those kind of neighbourhoods, including street-based prostitution. The city always...