2. N

Helmets ABC

Great discussion. Thanks all:)
  3. N

Helmets ABC

Is this correct?
  4. N

Aluminium Hardtail

Some shops are running out XTC1 for $2000 (as I have been looking at alloy hardtails on special). Scott Scale Scale 35 about 10.25kg and $2300 at the moment (with a mix of carbon and alloy). Cheers,
  5. N

Aluminium Hardtail

Some of you have listed some pretty light bikes. Any chance you could list the major components, ie fork, wheels, group-set etc. Cheers,
  6. N

Aluminium Hardtail

Think one of the XTC's is a carbon/alloy combo.
  7. N

Aluminium Hardtail

Thanks, two reasons for alloy: 1. Price. 2. Wouldn't want to dent a carbon frame if I have a big off. Cheers,
  8. N

Dirt Works NSW 100K 2010

I agree. Was in the bin and rode it no problems. Couldn't understand why so many ended up in the drink.
  9. N

Aluminium Hardtail

Hi All, What are the lightest Aluminium Hardtails on the Australian market? A few of the weight weenies webpages have custom bikes and I am after the lightest “off the shelf” bikes. Would think that the Giant XTC would be up there, any other ideas? Cheers,
  10. N

DirtWorks Ticket in WANTED

PM me if anyone wants to buy a DW100 ticket.
  11. N

Dirtworks 100k entry for sale

Hi All, A mate of mine has broken his finger and is looking to off load his DW100 ticket. Believe you can transfer the ticket on Saturday (1st). He is just after the face value of the ticket - $120. Please message me thru rotorburn and I will give you the bank details and will email the...
  12. N

DirtWorks Ticket in WANTED

You might have more chance a bit closer to the date. I am sure a few people will get cold feet.
  13. N

Roadie vs MTB riding position

I agree. One of the best rule's of thumb for seat high for a ride bike is a one that Greg LeMond came out with. It works well enough as a starting point. Multiply your inseam by .883 to get the distance from the centre of the crank spindle to the top of the saddle measured along the line of...
  14. N

Frame Size

Thanx. Went to one of the LBS today and the 2010 Giant's with a 16" frame have a longer TT then the 2009 17" frames. Interesting. Cheers,
  15. N

2009 Giant ATX Frame on eBay??

Hi, Did you get the frame sorted? Those frames look great value given the Aussie dollar at the moment. Cheers,