Recent content by NUTTTR

1. N

Why is pill testing even a debate?

I would love my kids to have the same choice. I would bet stacks of pills that are dangerous would slip past... People will use the excuse "they are tested so they are safe!" When they can be anything but.
  2. N

Why is pill testing even a debate?

Basically all this. Pill testing will tell you something is "safe" or "is what you expect"... If you then die because you had a bad reaction, or get brain damage due to, whatever reason or additive that wasn't detected, then you are going to go legal, if you don't, the people left will. I...
  3. N

What bike stuff you get yourself for Christmas?

Yup, I know someone else will ask so covered all bases... I can't justify it for others... Once you ride them they are addictive. I test rode the Norco, things that turned me off it were the carbon frame (really isn't necessary for such a heavy bike anyway), internal battery, so can't just buy...
  4. N

Only had it for 3 weeks... :)... My general bike handling skills are ok, in that I've got to a level I'm not likely to get significantly better unless I get more riding hours, but my fitness, (mostly climbing) is why... Short version is: 2 young kids (4.5/2.5), plus working, etc means I get...
  5. N

Does a whole bike count? Got an eMTB... Done about 200km on it so far...not sure I can ever go back to normal MTBs again...
  6. N

Shimano XT 2x11 complete swap for SLX 1x11

Wouldn't you just swap front cranks and front derailleur setup? Could also swap rear trigger too if really necessary... But the SLX and XT are almost identical otherwise
  7. N

which dhf

2.3 best fits your rim with a 21mm inner. I'd stick with that. You might find some 2.3's are bigger than others, but in the same tyre model it's usually consistent. Some 2.5's aren't much wider, than 2.3, but have a different profile to suit a wider rim.
  8. N

New front tire advice.

Depends on what you are doing, but I have an Aggressor on the front now (had DHR 2, 2.3) and I prefer the DHR 2.. Aggressor is OK, but does feel a bit slower and I'm definitely sure it's no grippier than the DHR 2. I currently run a Minion SS on the rear and while it's good and grippy, it's...
  9. N

Mont Buller EPIC trail help on planning a trip in 2 weeks

That is pretty epic... Sure those numbers are right?? That sounds like way too much climbing
  10. N

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

The new, slightly changed, lava flow is great... I need to work out how to carry more speed through it to clear some of the jumps! Lots and lots of climbing though...
  11. N

Evil Bikes Partner With Defcon Cycles

You can go from "just keeping afloat" to suddenly under if your account is badly enough overdue, or if your line of credit suddenly gets stopped...
  12. N

Evil Bikes Partner With Defcon Cycles

Sad. Hopefully he's ok and makes it out of this message better than ever. It's not hard to make bad business decisions that end up resulting in this, hopefully it wasn't anything too silly and he learns an easy lesson rather than a hard one. I've bought a fair bit of stuff off him over...
  13. N

Chain reaction cycles

Well.. I ordered a "package deal" hope head doctor and a hope seat post clamp... They were sent in separate DHL express bags... One arrived after 5 days the other after 10... Madness
  14. N

What's a safe length to cut my steerer?

I must have missed it... The important question everyone missed is, what forks?? Realistically, after you've used them for a year or 3, they'll be well used. The only thing that haven't a short steerer will do is limit your market. Normally 180-190mm of steerer (particularly if it's 190!)...
  15. N

Bearings... Special bearings... Where to buy? 6902V with 1mm and 2mm offset/lips

What brand is currently on the bearing? My old bike had little rings that fit either side of the bearing, made out of alloy... Maybe 2mm thick wall and 2mm deep)... That would allow you to use normal bearings... Either that or ring the manufacturer, they might have some form of exclusive...