Recent content by OKA

1. O

Hammerschmidt geared crank

The standard Hammerschmit shifter has two positions just like any other 2x front shifter. I used a X9 shifter with mine as it matched the 10x one I use for the rear.. The standard Hammerschmit shifter is same design as 9 speed group.
  2. O

In MEMORIUM - dead WFO

Loved my WFO for 5years now. Great bike made better with a few custom mods. custom headset seats. was 69deg now 66deg Hoping for a carbon WFO in the near future. Come on Niner, make one.
  3. O

Fat bike rear wheel gurus?

Start by checking that your new caps are the same length. Some are different lengths and are left and right specific. If these check ok then yep you will have to adjust the dish on your wheel. Do you know how to do this?
  4. O

Avid Code R / G2 Cleansweep rotors - is it my imagination or are the rotors rubbish?

I have had code R on my bike (Niner WFO) for nearly 3 years now with G2 rotors(180mm). I have stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the rear caliper for the same reason you mentioned. Its now good as new. I was running resin pads but after a Tassie trip that included North/South track...
  5. O

Bell Super 2R & 2 MIPS Australia standards pending???????

Ventilation is excellent when used in both configurations.
  6. O

Bell Super 2R & 2 MIPS Australia standards pending???????

They are for blocking up the ports were the side clamps hook into. (if that makes sense) Why you would want to is a mystery????? It would then make the chin bar unable to attach.
  7. O

NSW SCUM Decade of Dirt

Are you keen on trying a stage race? Like to race on a mix of flowy single track, fast rutted and rocky descents and slick fire road? Like local made craft beer after a MTB event? Like supporting club level mountain biking? Like low value for money entry fees? Then come down and ride with SCUM...
  8. O

XC Niner Air 9

Too much alloy in that frame for it to be a SIR 9. EMD maybe ?
  9. O

Fat Bikes

Tyres are 4 inch and yes its a 135mm rear end which requires offset wheel. That is the issue with all the internal geared hubs that they are 135mm. I'm pretty sure they are all a fixed nutted axle which makes it difficult to adapt to 170/190mm frames. Although I do have some ideas.
  10. O

Fat Bikes

Nuvinci recommend a maximum chainring/rear cog ratio I think to limit the torque thru the hub. I cant remember what it is but its currently set up with 42/26. I might try a smaller ring up front but that will also mean a new gates belt.
  11. O

Fat Bikes

9zero7 with Nuvinci I am the 'mate' with the 9zero7 and nuvinci hub. They have a very good reliability record. I am stoked with the way you always have drive, no waiting for gear change. This is great on sand where you don't want to lose any momentum. The only down side of the Nuvinci is its...
  12. O

Manly Dam

Hoping someone could give me some ideas on the best route to ride from Manly ferry wharf to Manly Dam. Thinking of heading up that way next week. (week day). Thanks in advance.
  13. O

S.C.U.M & NSWMTB AM Racing.

Have a look here www.scum.asn.au/index.html click on the All Mountain event in the calendar then click map If travelling south go thru Nowra and South Nowra. There are road works going on in South nowra and the speed limit is 40 and 60. About 1k after the road works look for Forest rd on...
  14. O

Funnelweb is in pretty good condition at the moment, but it is 100% DH. It would require a substantial amount of work to make it dual purpose (DH and AM). It is on SCUM's agenda(new committee pending) to look at making Funnelweb dual purpose. We will also look at other suitable venues to build a...
  15. O

The benifits of registering online for The All Mountain State Series Rd 2 1. It makes it easier for our caterers to estimate how much food to bring. This means not running out of food and drinks and the most important people (competitors) not going hungry. 2. Having a race plate printed up...