Recent content by Pedal Pushin' Papa

1. P

European Tourer

Hi guys, planning a trip to europe which will involve cycle touring through england amongst other places. Will be looking at buying a decent touring bike when i get there. I am not familiar with european brands particularly, so was wondering if anyone might have some experience in this...
  2. P

STEEL cyclocross / commuter / touring

Had a quick look through and couldnt see anyone having suggested the On One "Il Pompino". Love mine to death. Great on road and off. Hardly touched my other bikes since i bought it.
  3. P

You favorite antique car

[ Always loved the 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Might recognise it also from "Rain Man". Man what i wouldnt give for one of these. A close second would be the 1937 Cord 812.
  4. P

road bike parts'n'stuff query

wicked. thanks. any thoughts on spindle? normal or low profile?
  5. P

Thanks for that. The bb options are: - British (1.370 x 24 tpi, RH/LH thread) in stainless steel and alloy - British E-Type (1.370 x 24 tpi, RH/LH thread) with wider drive cup and LH lockring in stainless steel - Italian (36mm x 24 tpi) in stainless steel and alloy - French (35mm x 1mm)...
  6. P

Hi guys, bit of a parts question... Buying a new crank set up for my road/cross bike because my chain line needs adjusting and they dont seem to sell the correct size replacement bb for the isis cranks that came on my bike (and largely because i covet phil wood components). Havent much...
  7. P

The last movie you've last watched last

tampopo 10/10 may be hard to find- might have look at a few video stores before you find it, but well worth it. the ultimate foodie's movie...
  8. P

Riding with cancer

no exorbinant prices, just fresh raw vegetables or eating the kernel inside the seed of the peach you just ate, or perhaps even exercise like mr safety recommended. just possibilities worth looking into- personally aggressive chemo is about the last thing in the world id ever want to go through.
  9. P

Riding with cancer

comment not directed at medical professionals and not intended to be offensive, directed at large pharmaceutical corporations of whose priorities and morals i find questionable. As for ignorance- in the interests of not turning this into a large scale debate which we dont really need another of...
  10. P

Riding with cancer

tough break! sorry to hear it. just a tip though- take it or leave it, its up to you: There are several other proven cure's to cancer without having to go down the chemo road. These include a diet of only raw fruits and vegetables; and eating the kernel found inside stone fruits has been...
  11. P

Holy shit!

totally, what a waste of time being able to do shit like that when he could be at home scouring a bike forum! full cred to the guy, that upside down shit is mental.
  12. P

Best Movie Ever (VOTE + POST)

sin city old boy ichi the killer (uncut) casablanca the big sleep double indemnity good, the bad and the ugly singing in the rain life is beautiful hair spray (john waters version) just off the top of my head...
  13. P

James Brown Elvis Bob Dillon Fats Waller Richard Widmark subject to change if i bothered to think longer and harder about it.
  14. P

Carbon compared to aliminium

I would ask whether its worth the extra cash to you. Carbon's main benefit from aluminum will be the ride quality- much more comfortable. It will be a bit lighter, but then theres always the chance that you'll irreparably crack the frame some day when someone opens their car door onto your bike...
  15. P

Post your commuter!

My daily commuter. Technically a ripping cx singlespeed, but goes just as well (if not better) on the black stuff. Its an On One "Il Pompino" frame which i'd been trying to get from both definitive cycles and on one directly for the longest time, when finally i found this one second hand on this...