Recent content by Pete J

1. Pete J

eBikes - what's the current perspective

I've been working as a Postie here in Finland for the past 9 months and in that time have ridden 3 or 4 different models of bikes with different motor manufacturers. The Shimano Steps motor has been the best one so far but I regularly ride a bike with a very basic Panasonic setup. Fully loaded...
  2. Pete J

2016 DMR Trailstar

I've had a few bikes myself but the Trailstar has always been the one I have enjoyed riding most. In fact, if it could fit fatter tyres and had a bit slacker head angle, I probably wouldn't even consider a new bike. The trails here in Finland are really rocky and rooty so this kind of bike makes...
  3. Pete J

2016 DMR Trailstar

I guess I am just fixated on the DMR because my old Trailstar is the only bike to have stayed in the shed for years on end. I just love the thing and think that this latest version could provide exactly what I want out of a new bike. There are plenty of other options I know but this is what...
  4. Pete J

2016 DMR Trailstar

Sorry for the gravedig but I just wanted to know how you have gotten on with your bike? I have an old Trailstar LT and am thinking of getting this newer model to build as a 27.5+ rig. There isn't much in the way of real world reviews that I can find so a firsthand point of view would be...
  5. Pete J

Straya Day

I didn't mean to say that i was proud of the weather, i just threw that in at the end because that is how i feel about our country. Yes, i am thankful for the weather, which is why i brought it up. Language barriers change quite regularly in Europe, in the space of 1000km's you will come...
  6. Pete J

Straya Day

Great post! I agree 100%. Having lived outside of Australia for 8 years now, i am becoming more homesick by the day. Climate is a huge factor in quality of life and this makes living down under better than pretty much anywhere in Europe. No matter how your attitudes towards weather go, living...
  7. Pete J

The New Dad thread

Congratulations to the whole family! Hopefully your new arrival will settle in to life outside mums tum really quickly. :) Our three kids are doing well and the youngest is the glue binding together our mob right now. She is just so full of positive energy and it radiates onto everyone she...
  8. Pete J

The New Dad thread

Congrats to all of the new dads here! Our latest addition is almost 6 months old and is coming along really well. She is the 'easiest' baby so far and we are extremely thankful for that. It's just the other two that are causing us daily headaches with their endless fighting, whining and...
  9. Pete J

Why do some people remove their shoes when going inside?

Back home in Oz, i used to be a 'shoes on inside' kind of person and thought nothing of it. However, now after living for many years in a country where practically nobody wears them inside, i am a changed man. And i feel better for it, no jokes! The weather here is predominantly crappy, so...
  10. Pete J

The New Dad thread

'Only' 1508, hahaa. I like your attitude! You sound like a busy man, hang in there mate. Here is a pic of our Emma hanging out in the 'sandpit'.
  11. Pete J

Custom titanium roadie!

I broke it after falling backwards during a failed wheelie attempt late one night. My foot hit the ground late and at a funny angle, the fibula (lowest part) broke straight away and my foot went out and upwards. It was pointing outwards at a god awful angle when i looked at it. Then i grabbed...
  12. Pete J

What do your kids ride?

We bought our son one of those after he had outgrown his LikeaBike Mini. This Jumper model is brilliant, it's beautifully made and is very light (which makes it easy to handle). I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a bike for numerous children. Just hand it down to the next in line...
  13. Pete J

The New Dad thread

Cheers Dave! It has been a long while indeed, i've been away from pretty much every forum i previously frequented. I made the decision to spend less time on the innernet and then hey presto, 2 or 3 years just whizz by... How is your 'list' coming along? I'm guessing that it is rather...
  14. Pete J

Custom titanium roadie!

Sweet, luckily for you your body is taking care of business. That numbness sure is a bugger though, my foot is still partly numb after breaking my ankle almost 2 years ago. Life up here is good, it's been a mostly mild winter but we still ended up with sh!tloads of snow. Spring is here and the...
  15. Pete J

The New Dad thread

Thanks! 3 is the magic number for sure. :D Time management sure is the key, especially if you have implemented a routine based lifestyle. We decided long ago to do certain things at set times, mainly so that the kids have a sense of security in day to day life. It's also important that they...