Recent content by PrOd

1. P

Rotorua Group Accomodation

I looked at Thermal Village. Noticed it says no bedding provided. Did you take your own sheets? Did you see what the self contained units were like (as I know the communal toilets\showers\kitchen will not go down well with the women)?
  2. P

Rotorua Group Accomodation

I'm part of a group of 3 families looking at heading over to Rotorua for some riding. Can anyone recommend any group accomodation there (e.g. big houses for rent) or are we just best off trying to get 3 bookings at the one place?
  3. P

WEMBO World Solo 24Hr Website Open

Congrats to Jason and Jess. Way to go guys, doing Australia proud
  4. P

Mountain Biking in Europe

I was in Austria and Germany last August for work and extended my trip to do some mountain biking. After much research I settled apon the "Zugspitz Arena" (Zugspitz is the highest mountain in Germany and is on the border of Austria). It has been voted #1 mountain biking destination in Austria...
  5. P

The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

I still coming to grips with my Blackberry (new work phone) so any idea on how to work around this issue for next time (very cool feature for races)?
  6. P

The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

My team was running in 8th until we decided the damage bills to the bikes wasn't worth it and pulled the pin. Well done to those who stuck it out to the end. It's a pity we didn't have that rain in the days leading up to the race as I was dry reaching on the dust during the night. Was a well...
  7. P

WSMTB round 2 this Sunday, 3rd April

Been a while since I did an XC round but think I'll come out on Sunday. How is the track at the moment? ...and how many people are going to forget about the end of daylight savings? :)
  8. P

Pulsing Avid Juicy Brakes

Thanks guys. Excuse my ignorance but where are the spacers? I haven't actually pulled these brakes apart before but they look similar to Juicy 5's which were on my old bike (and which I've had apart for changing pads etc plenty of times in the past).
  9. P

I'm almost certain rotor is Avid (I'm at work so can't check) however the rotor and brakes are all stock standard as came with my bike. Must admit I haven't felt it through the lever, but rather you notice that my body is "vibrating" back and forth when using the rear brake. I has only recently...
  10. P

Ah ok, so vertical alignment. How do you go about fixing this? I've only adjusted the horizontal alignment in the past (loosen bolts, apply brake pressure, tighten bolts).
  11. P

The rotor is straight. The pulsing also appears to be at a slower rate compared with the wheel speed. Miko: Not exactly sure what you mean by the "legs". The alignment looks OK. Parallel tho maybe a bit close on one side. I used to have to align my Juicy 5's all the time on my old bike...
  12. P

I have Avid Juicy Carbon's (which I believe are just Juicy 7's with Carbon levers) and the rear brake has started "pulsing", i.e. modulation varying when lever pressure not changing. It is very noticeable at low speed. Any ideas on the problem? Would air in the lines (i.e. requiring brake to...
  13. P

M2 Widening Works

I can answer my own question. There is next to no signage citybound however there is no longer any breakdown lane in a small section near Windsor rd. There is plenty of signage westbound at Delhi Rd and at the Beecroft entry. The alternative route is safe using backstreets but is a lot more...
  14. P

M2 Widening Works

According to the M2 widening website the M2 is closed to cyclists as of today. Has anyone actually seen any signage advising this? Has anyone ridden the alternative route in peak hour to advise extra cycle time and how safe it is?
  15. P

2011 Dirt Works 100km NSW - Entries open tomorrow.

If $2/km (as per 50km entry) is anything to go by then 24 hour solo entry prices could get pretty expensive!