The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Yup rain is setting in, :( is it wrong to wish for an rain induced early race finish... I don't want to ride in this!

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
No results for you but can report it's now a mud fest. Constant rain since around 7am. Due out for a lap shortly but hiding in my tent until I have to brave the weather. On the upside it was warm overnight.

spiderpig

Likes Dirt
No results for you but can report it's now a mud fest. Constant rain since around 7am. Due out for a lap shortly but hiding in my tent until I have to brave the weather. On the upside it was warm overnight.
Yeah I'm at work in canberra sitting in my orifice watching the rain, my wifey has just finished her last lap in the mud fest!

ronster44

Likes Dirt
Mate I was so looking forward to the Mont until last Saturday when a little trip over the bars resulted in a fracture to my 4th metacarpal on my right hand:mad: now i`m sitting here its a lovly sunny day still wishing I was at the mont keep going boys and girls not long now.

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Day license refund?

On entering for the mont, I had to pay for a day license even though I have a normal year long MTBA license. I inquired via email about how to get this money back as I did not need the day license. A quick reply came saying that I could get a refund for the license amount when I took my MTBA license to rego.

So I did. They said no - you have to get a refund through the website. I cannot find any way to do this.

Did others have this experience?

Why, in an entry system run by MTBA did it not see that I had a license - it does this for other races like the Wagga 6 hour a few weeks ago?

Could someone from the Mont team / MTBA advise me how to get back the $15 for me and my team members who had to pay it?

Thanks

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The issue with mtba licences is that we all entered so long ago, licences weren't valid this far ahead.

I've got the same issue and will email mtba tomorrow. Suggest you do the same.

krisko

Likes Dirt
Same again! No one at registration could tell me how to obtain the refund.
On a better note, it was a great track and great weekend. Now for bed!

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Russ,

With your software, is it possible to figure out what the standings were after the first lap? I did a 52:27 and was wondering where I stacked up in all the madness.

BTW, that 1km run nearly killed me - I hardly train for cycling let alone running in bike shoes!

-Andrew

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Have to say, I loved this year. Really well run. Had a blast, as did the rest of our team.

I'm still not stoked with the clunkiness of the MTBA online rego and team details system. Not convinced that this was a forward step.

Oh, it'd also be nice if once the race started there was still a formal race HQ for people to visit. It seemed to become a massage tent and a few computers to check placings etc on, but with no officials present to field queries. "What happens if we've lost our team baton?" etc. The folks in the transition timing tent were flat out, so you couldn't check with them, I ended up having to collar Alan while he was heading up to roller racing to get any info.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Mud fun!

As a hardened/scarred vet of the 2010 Cap punishment, I was dreading my 9am or so lap. Buut... I had a ball on it! It wasn't the swamp conditions of that dreaded day last year, just good old fashioned slidey and ridable fun! One mans milky way is another mans fruit and nut, of course, but I normally hate wet conditions and it was great (IMO).

Well done organisers, bike culture guys (great attititude) and just about everybody for having good manners on track.

Oh and by the way, was it just me or was this the race with the biggest female presence ever? Just everywhere on track on my laps- great to see more and more numbers of girls getting out there. Maybe russ can chime in here?

Oh sweet sleep, here I come (as soon as the kids are in bed...:))

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
... is it possible to figure out what the standings were after the first lap? I did a 52:27 and was wondering where I stacked up in all the madness.
Results for the race after each team had done lap 1 are attached. Also, a histogram of the lap 1 times.

View attachment Mont_2011_Lap_1.pdf

Lap_Times.jpg

... was it just me or was this the race with the biggest female presence ever?
The entry field of women (400) was 14% of the total field, which is the same as the largest percentage of women at the Scott/Mont - although in 2010 it was 11%.

For info, women make up about 12% of MTBA members, although some states (NT and ACT) have about 18%.

PrOd

Likes Dirt
My team was running in 8th until we decided the damage bills to the bikes wasn't worth it and pulled the pin. Well done to those who stuck it out to the end. It's a pity we didn't have that rain in the days leading up to the race as I was dry reaching on the dust during the night. Was a well organised event but must admit I prefer Sparrow or Stromblo over that track.

Did the Wifi updates work for anyone? My phone (blackberry) could connect to network and see main page (including header mentioning time of update) however the actual content (pdf's) would not open. I got a message about not having permission to access them?

Dazzo

Likes Dirt
The WIFI worked fine for me on my iPhone. I had to be in the rego tent, or atleast outside it and near by to pick up the signal though. BTW, I drove back to Syd via Bungendore Rd, which turned out to be quite a nice drive ! Bonus!