Recent content by richie_gt

1. R

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

Whilst I have massive respect for the riders, and what they do, they really have backed themselves into a corner. The options would be:- 1. Live with what you have, or 2. Breakaway and start their own series. The peak of slope style is crankworx whistler, how could you replicate that? I can’t...
  2. R

The future of Slopestyle (Mens not going ahead tomorrow, Crankworx)

I feel like the riders don’t have a good read of the room, have a look at the bike industry as a whole - it’s in real trouble. But steep calling out for cash when there isn’t cash around.
  3. R

NSW Intense Tracer 275

I would like to move this on to make way for another bike, no reasonable offer will be refused. Message me if interested.
  4. R

NSW Intense Tracer 275

Item: Intense Tracer 275 Location: Petersham (Inner West Sydney) Item Condition: Used, but good. Reason for selling: N + 1 Price and price conditions: $3,950...but negotiable :) Will do a deal for a quick no hassle sale Extra Info: Intense Tracer 275 size LARGE, full carbon frame, Fox 36 forks...
  5. R

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Moo lives. Haven’t ridden it recently but I’ve heard it’s in good shape and riding well. Jubes has been rejigged and reshaped into a mini-jump park. Think mini Bare Creek. Can’t comment of Castle Hill.
  6. R

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

That was tongue in cheek - I wasn’t serious about the weight loss! I was so dehydrated I was dreaming about drinking cold water haha!
  7. R

Had a full week off the beers and am still going - actually went out to a few things (dinner at the pub and bday parties) and it actually didn’t bother me not drinking. I have dropped managed to drop a couple of KG’s but not as planned. My daughter brought home a gastro bug from daycare - boom...
  8. R

Off the back of xmas/new year I have failed to stop the indulged eating and drinking - to the point I feel bloated. Also went riding with some fitter mates last week and got flogged. I did weigh myself on January 3rd and I was 78kg. The game plan is the following starting today:- - No more...
  9. R

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Whilst I would've preferred to go the home made route I found this on ebay and purchased:- CURT Anti-Rattle Hitch Pin & Shim | eBay Works well. Pretty happy with it. Maybe I'm being really petty with eliminating bike rack movement but I've been following some cars down the freeway and the...
  10. R

Formula One world championship

Heading to Melbourne for the GP and have been blown away by the unavailability of tickets - thanks alot drive to survive!!! I have secured GA tickets to Friday and was hoping to get to Saturday as well but no dice - this is a long shot but does anyone have any GA tickets they want to offload...
  11. R

Who will Jack Moir ride for and why are team changes announced so close to the season start

Hard to compare Gwin vs. Rennie/Kovarik. All notable riders but about 10-15 years apart in their professional careers and the sport has certainly come a long way professionally. Also Gwin benefits from living in a large population basin which would certainly help his marketability compared to...
  12. R

Who will Jack Moir ride for and why are team changes announced so close to the season start

I’d be surprised if there were actually a salary as part of a sponsorship in MTB apart from a select few. I thought it would be gear and all expenses paid to go race and that’s about it. I was talking to a mate over a beer and he had a roadie acquaintance try go professional in Europe and he got...
  13. R

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

That’s the bolt my towbar doesn’t have - super frustrating as it worked so well when I put my rack on a car with that bolt!
  14. R

Makes sense…and come to think of it my previous Yakima rack had a similar bolt setup! Cheers mate appreciate it!
  15. R

I have a vertical rack (custom - no brand name) with 2 inch square hitch for a year now. From day dot I’ve been dealing with ‘wobble’. Solutions have been using are anti-rattle hitch pin (sort of fixed it until I stripped the thread), shims (reduced wobble) and anti-rattle clamp (worked but...