Recent content by Rida

1. R

NSW 2013 SRAM SINGLETRACK MIND SERIES - The 4th year of singletrack shredding!

From weatherzone ... SES issues flash flooding warning for NSW coast Saturday June 22, 2013 - 06:28 EST The State Emergency Service is urging people to prepare for the possibility of flash flooding as a massive wet weather system bears down on the New South Wales coastline. Heavy rain...
  2. R

Shimano MTB GP Series 2013 - Fast 4h and Furious 7h racing that rocks!

People under the age of 40 (ie younger than Masters) are automatically entered into the 'elite'. Anyone else, including Masters and Supermasters, can also enter the elite if they want to. But I agree with the gist of your comment. It would be more logical to just give the major prizes to the...
  3. R

2013 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs : Easter : Stromlo

Course description and map now posted on website - http://solo24hour.com.au/race-info/the-course/ Yep, it's hard. Map doesn't quite seem to match the course description though - The map shows the course crossing the fire trail of the dreaded 2012 National XCM climb and heading straight down...
  4. R

NSW SCUM 20/40/60km race only $5 entry. Sunday 16th

Where's the start location?
  5. R

Professionalism, or Cheating?

If the riders are in the same category then it's legitimate and common practice to draft or work together. Different story if the riders are in different categories. It's definitely cheating in MTB races if the rider being 'towed' or drafting is in a different category to the one providing the...
  6. R

JetBlack 24 Hour Sydney 2012

Riding conditions don't vary much at Mt Anan because it's a dry weather only venue (the track is closed at the first hint of rain). The track is hard packed with lots of sketchy off-camber corners. Not overly technical or overly hilly but strangely difficult - most people end up feeling pretty...
  7. R

2012 Highland Fling

I also found the signage at transition confusing - had to ask someone both times just to make sure I was heading the right way. Maybe my eyesight needs checking ... Yeah, I was surprised by the amount of rubbish left on the track. Also heard reports of people seen deliberably throwing their...
  8. R

New event "flinders ranges outback epic"

A great incentive but you might also want to consider having a cut-off time for this offer - otherwise people will just leave it til the last minute and you won't know how many people intend to enter. This was one of the problems with the MM. Not sure why you think this caters only for...
  9. R

NSW 2012 Rock Wallaby - 50km Half Marathon - Appin 27 May

Are there any plans to change the format of the start? Last year's start with two laps of the oval before filing everyone through the narrow gap in the fence didn't really work that well - major bottleneck at the fence, again at the creek, then slow conga lines for at least the first 5k of...
  10. R

Willo Race Results

+ Another. Awesome race. Great organisation - Thanks to Meg, CORC and Southern Highlands Cycling Club and everyone else involved.
  11. R

Stevens Bikes Husky 100 - 30 June 2012

The 100km includes three of Nowra's most well known and popular XC single track courses - Superbowl (about 7km in total length), Butterfly (about 5 or 6 km in total length), and part of the Coonddo Road track (probably 7km of the normal 8km XC circuit, just guessing). The remainder of the course...
  12. R

Convict (Dirt Works) 100 2012

Well said! Accurate tide prediction tables are available at least a year in advance. Agree. Last year, it was too deep for some of us to stand at the mid point of the crossing (speaking on behalf of short arses that is).
  13. R

Convict (Dirt Works) 100 2012

To rider #482 John Fancourt - Thanks again for putting your ride on hold to help me out at the kayak bridge. If you are this rider or know this rider please send me a PM - I'd like to send you a pair of sunglasses to replace the ones you lost.
  14. R

Capital Punishment 2012

Correct me if wrong, but isn't that largely because the timed section of CP is only 90km whereas last year's Back Yamma was around 104km.
  15. R

Capital Punishment 2012

The timing problems aside, I also thought it was one of the best organised events I’ve been in. Easily the best marked course I’ve ridden on – how many rolls of pink tape did they go through! And marshalling was also excellent. All the single track in the first 60km was brilliantly linked...