Recent content by SAMMA

1. S

Bargain buys thread

Twas yesterday and was sitewide with only a couple of exclusions ... I had something in my Pushy's wishlist that I managed to pick up on their ebay store ... but it wasn't the most earthshattering promo ebay have done but still saved me a little
  2. S

Bargain buys thread

10% off up to max $50 if you spend > $120 on ebay ...promo code PANIC10 ... until midnight tonight
  3. S

Tow me in Bro? Sure ...

4. S

10 years out... what have i missed?

Went through this in the last 12 months and am still wading through the options / what's changed ... ended up "rejuvenating" my old ride for the time being (which is a veritable antique these days) while I decide on a new rig - good luck the choice is vast these days ... P.S the looks you get...
  5. S

2007 Scott Genius build

I went to them in the last fortnight as I have a 2008 Genius mc30 with the proprietary shock - no go with either. My rear still functioning fine but was looking to get it done as the bike's been in storage for a couple of years and felt it would be wise. However the advice from Sheppard (via...
  6. S

Wow, real money!!! - Official Otways thread

How was the Sunday ride? I couldn't stay for Sunday which I'm more than a lil disappointed about - from the pre-ride briefing on Saturday morning I got the impression that there would have been a lot more singletrack than Saturdays run ... Was Sunday's ride through any private land? If not...
  7. S

Insurance and Maintenance

These should get you through almost anything you'd be repairing yourself (and plenty you should be referring to a qualified bike mechanic): "Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance" or "Big Blue book of Bike Repairs" by Park Tool (if you go for this one buy it over the net for a 1/3 of...
  8. S

Mountain Bike Guiding Job available.

There's plenty of ladies to take your pick from .. well there was when I was over there 5 yrs ago ... and if don't fancy any of the local lasses there's plenty of backpackers in and around La Paz ;) Spewing I didn't get a chance to ride while I was there ... the trekking I did was phenomenal...
  9. S

Maintenance for new bike

Sweet link Sam ;) ... just what I was looking for :)
  10. S

XC bikes on sale?

Yeah I recently picked one up myself brand new for $1250 ... liking it a lot ;)