Recent content by shane_2Kona

1. shane_2Kona

Mountain Bike Fit

Ok so I ride my mountain bike a lot and have ridden a lot of road bikes, so I know how a bike is meant to be fit. The problem I'm having is this: On my mountain bike (dual suspension giant trance 29er) if i have the seat at the optimum height then it makes descending and tackling obstacles way...
  2. shane_2Kona

FullFace Helmet for XC

Hi Everyone, I've just recently bought a Giant Trance x1 and went for my first ride yesterday and loved it. I was just wondering what people's thoughts were on using a full face helmet for XC? Where I rode yesterday there were quite a few fast downhill sections with some drops in them, and once...
  3. shane_2Kona

Fox rear shock too soft?

Hi everyone, I just bought a Giant Trance X1 (my first dual suspension bike :D) and pumped the front shock up to my body weight and the rear to double my body weight, but the rear was still very soft (I weigh 84kg, shock was at 170psi) so i bumped it up to 180 psi, same problem, so I bumped it...
  4. shane_2Kona

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey guys im looking for some help. I'm new to photography and just sick of crappy point and shoot camera's. At The momemt I want to avoid buying a DSLR simply because i won't know how to use half the functions or what they mean. I'm looking for a relatively good quality Bridge camera that if I...
  5. shane_2Kona

Lowering Z1s

I think there may have been a thread on that exact thing a while ago but im unsure. I do know that they are not as simple as argyle's to lower and many people have tried and failed to lower them.
  6. shane_2Kona

What Part Should I get Thread

Has anyone used the colony clone rear hubs or rims? Probably gonna get one just thought i'd ask. They sure look the part.
  7. shane_2Kona

Monster Skate Park During Easter Show

Does anyone know if Monster skate park will be closing during the Royal Easter Show? If it is i will be massively devo as that is like the entire school holidays.:(
  8. shane_2Kona

slammed seat posts?

If that was a facebook post I would like it.
  9. shane_2Kona

Courses To Study To Join ASIS

I think bachelor of policing would be a good place to start
  10. shane_2Kona

Minions rolling off 721's.

When you made it tubeless im assuming you used stan's or something similar? If you did then theres your problem. A substance in stans deteriorates the tyre and could cause this to happen, although it is quite unusual normally it causes blowouts. Have you checked the bead on the tire and made...
  11. shane_2Kona

WD-40 on chain

Ok so i let my chain get slightly rusted and would rather not purchase a new chain. If i take the chain off the bike, shower it with WD-40, let it soak and then clean it and shower it with a spray lubricant will it be alright?
  12. shane_2Kona

Shock Dilema

well actually i got teflon spray in my eye lubin my chain once, swelled up like a bitch about an hour later lol
  13. shane_2Kona

Avid Juicy 5

assuming they dont need a bleed, if they do the brake will feel spongy, take you wheel out and gently pull your brake lever in, NOT ALL THE WAY, just a tad, this pushes the pistons together, dont do this if there is very little space between your brake pads and disc. This will make the brake...
  14. shane_2Kona

Shock Dilema

that oil is usually just a small amount of fork lubrication/oil that will spurt out when you quickly release all the air out of your shock. It wont affect it at the moment but after done a lot you may loose a bit of oil, pump your shock up and leave the air in it, topping up as neccesary, when...
  15. shane_2Kona

Oh S**t... there's no air in my shock!

as a rule of thumb, you should put enough pressure in it so that it sags about 10-15% when sat on naturaly, a good startin pressure is about double your body weight