The Photo Snob Thread

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Out of interest, which company/policy were you looking at?
Wow!
I think I was going with RACV since that's who my car is insured with (Jason was able to hook us up with a deal - in joke for Victorians) Before the 10.5mm fisheye, the 28mm f/2.8 and the 70-200 f/2.8 VR, I was looking at $32/month based on about $7000 worth of stuff. I shudder to think what mine is now with those three added...

Drew.

Eats Squid
My cameras are $25/m extra on my home and contents insurance, that covers me world wide at the moment for 10k.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have to find out if its covered by our travel insurence yet, it was about $2500 of gear so not much compared to you guys, its replaceable, but the photos aren't.

heres one i put on facebook earlier :)

and i know i have all the photos from one day of riding on a mates computer, but the best day of riding i lost.

oh well, i might get that 40d... maybe, still got the 24mm?

Attachments

.:Alan:.

Likes Dirt
yeh tripod and low iso already done. I dont have light room and my dodgy version of photoshop is too old and ghetto for anything more advanced than cloning. Hows the noise reduction in lightroom and the new photoshop? any better than iphoto? haha

shane_2Kona

Likes Dirt
Hey guys im looking for some help. I'm new to photography and just sick of crappy point and shoot camera's. At The momemt I want to avoid buying a DSLR simply because i won't know how to use half the functions or what they mean. I'm looking for a relatively good quality Bridge camera that if I do take up an interest in basic photography will suit my needs. I don't really want to spend more than $500 If possible. Any Suggestions?
I've been looking at the Fuji Film s1800 or if i can be convinced the HS10.

P.S. Where is a good place to buy from? Somewhere I've been looking at is www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
yeh tripod and low iso already done. I dont have light room and my dodgy version of photoshop is too old and ghetto for anything more advanced than cloning. Hows the noise reduction in lightroom and the new photoshop? any better than iphoto? haha
Depending on how old your copy of PS is, you may have more success with Gimp?

Lightroom (2.6) isn't bad but I don't really understand how to use it well enough to get maximum results.