Recent content by shells

1. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Hi Ladies Apparently MWMTB are having a Chix Social Ride at Glenbrook this weekend. I'm going to go along :) Details are at http://www.mwmtb.com/extcalender2/cal_popup.php?mode=view&id=568 if anyone else is interested in coming.
  2. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Sounds great! Keep us posted on the courses/rides won't you jonsey? I'm out for this weekend but itching for a ride somewhere next weekend if anyone is free (and doesn't mind riding with someone who isn't as fit as she ought to be!).
  3. S

Just starting, needing to get km's into my legs!

Hey alli, are you in Sydney?
  4. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Thanks for the ride ladies and gent! It was great to get back into it (although I'm going to be really sore tomorrow) :( The singletrack at the end there was awesome :D Can't wait to do it all again! Thanks for being patient with much less fit newbie!
  5. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Wow, you sound like an expert chica! A couple of us are going on the beginners ride at Loftus tomorrow, you're very welcome to join us if you're interested. 8am at Loftus oval :) Sounds like we'll have to line up another ride for later too :)
  6. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Thanks Cypher, that's very reassuring! I've fallen off a couple of times, but I'm hoping to avoid major injury at least ;) It'd be great if you can come along! I'll PM you my contact details. I've hardly been on my bike for the last 6 months, so I'm sure your fitness and ability will be more...
  7. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

That looks good too! I think its probably a bit beyond my level of fitness just now though (it mentions lots of hills!). Hopefully I'll be up for the next one :) Cool :) I'll send you my details. Don't worry, I don't really "ride the dam" - I just went round it a couple of times with someone...
  8. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Thanks alchemist!
  9. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Cool it'd be great to meet her - I'm really keen to find some other newbies to ride with too :) I found the beginner's ride details on the Metro MTB Club website. Apparently I can't post links on the forum yet but if you want me to PM or email you the details let me know.
  10. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Thanks Techno! I found a group that seems to have a beginners ride once a month at Loftus, so I might give that a bit of a go too. Can't wait!
  11. S

Girls rides in Sydney?

Hi girls, I've just started getting into mountain biking in the last year or so and am loving it. I've been around manly dam a couple of times but I've lost my riding buddy since then and hitting the trail on my own isn't as appealing. Wondering if there are any groups that go riding on a...