Recent content by Shintaro

1. Shintaro

03 Kona Stinky vs 12 Nukeproof Mega

Im not super tech savy, though Im sure that given enough time I can get my head around most mechanics with some repetition. Am considering getting a Nukeproof Mega AM 2012 at a good price, but can only get in small size. I'm 5'9", and this is the borderline size between small/medium frames...
  2. Shintaro

Zero alcohol for December anyone?

BINGO! My time to love my liver starts Friday. Im not normally a heavy drinker but took a holiday in September that had me drinking for 14 days straight. That s hectic for me, and there has been a weekly drink (or 6 ) for me since, not to mention the few here and there to cheers the end of a...
  3. Shintaro

Food/Diet help for the skinny kids - putting on size and protein suppliment suggestions

Yeah ur locations says ur "back in boring cannnnberrra!". And yeah, Ive been a natural born climber for a long time. Im from Sydney, but hoping to make it to cannnnberrra soonish for biking & bouldering. Prob easiest if u find some local climbers to head out with, but I will give u a...
  4. Shintaro

Food/Diet help for the skinny kids - putting on size and protein suppliment suggestions

Bulk Nutrients or Bioflex Nutrition As for supplements... www.bulknutrients.com.au/ www.bioflexnutrition.com.au/ These help me to train harder, recover faster and put on muscle quicker. Ive been using prework, creatine & recoveryX supplements for 2 years now, and the results only...
  5. Shintaro

Rock Climbing! Hey, noticed ur in Canberra and ur saying it's boooooring. 1st thought that came to my mind was "black ranges" granite bouldering ACT. http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dukX9neTCI Good things about bouldering/climbing include. * Fun way to put on lean muscle! * Can be social or...
  6. Shintaro

cheapish roadie wheelset for commuting

cheers shogun... =)
  7. Shintaro

cheers gregb/ -Elliot-, was considering something like the cheap and nasty ebay special... or just parting out my Cannondale Chase & keeping the 26" Dirtbag - FR wheelset for XC/all mtns duties, and running 26" slicks on my DT swiss x430 wheelset. I havnt done any serious road riding before...
  8. Shintaro

Item: Wheelset for commuting, leaning towards 29er Location: Sydney North Price range/Willing to Pay: Good mulla for nice 2nd hand wheels Extra Info: hey, want to upgrade MTB wheelset to something more suitable for road (33km commute each way). ideally buy with discs & 9spd sram cassette...
  9. Shintaro

"Spare Me", 4wd spare tyre bike rack

Had look on the net, and looks like the Jimny Weights & Capacities are as follows... SUZUKI JIMNY JLX Kerb mass (kg)1050 Tare mass (kg)1023kg GVM (kg)1420kg Seating capacity 4 Towing capacity - with brakes (kg)450kg Towing capacity - without brakes (kg)350kg. Guess i will look at getting a...
  10. Shintaro

"Spare Me", 4wd spare tyre bike rack

Hey rotorburners, I've recently bought a small 4wd (Suzuki Jimny) as is ideal for all the work k's i'm doing, and fun for w/end play. Now that I'm selling my Suzuki Carry Van (shamless plug), I need an easy way to get my DH bike to the trails. The obvious soulution for a small 4wd is a...
  11. Shintaro

4x track around northbridge

I saw them in the construction phase halfway thru the holidays. I spoke to the driver of the bobcat, and he was'nt a rider so didn't have much of a clue on what makes a track flow. The area provided is good, big, flatt enough to flatten with a dozer, yet the jump park design is hopeless...
  12. Shintaro

Anyone wanna ride in dural/galston/glenorie etc?

I'm live at Cherrybrook, ride 03 Stinky Dee-Lux, DJ/DH/FR, I don't go as big as I used to after partially tearing my medial ligament 6 months ago, but I like big stuff that is smooth. Happy to help if it's worth the effort... I don't mind the odd xc bash from time to time on decent...
  13. Shintaro

##Cherry..Hills..DJ..sesh##

U have NFI
  14. Shintaro

What hardtail should i get

I know a few bike shops that are selling 05 STP1's for $1100.... Otherwise "seek and ye shall find", Be patient with 2nd hand bikes, I find impulse or gut feel is usually correct... He who hesitates is lost, But only fools rush in. Is the glass half empty or half full (or am I...
  15. Shintaro

Berowra Valley Regional Park

I don't get it???? Alot of the fireroads in the area needed upgrading to allow vehicle access, but if it was designed as a cycling road thru the bush to help roadies take a short cut, where is the National Park's & Wildlife's support for mountain bikers, or any local councils for that...