Recent content by Silver fox

1. S

Looking at specialized epic marathon 2014, any thoughts or issues.

Thanks for all the feedback and response. Looking forward to paying off my new marathon epic. Cheers SF.
  2. S

Looking at specialized epic marathon 2014, any thoughts or issues.

G'day all, Currently ride a 2009 epic marathon 26 inch, mavic SLR's, s work cranks the rest stock standard. Been a great bike but looking for an upgrade. Looking at the 2014 epic marathon 29er or epic expert World Cup 29er. I ride in iron stone country around central Victoria doing mainly...
  3. S

My mate's journey from 180kgs

Great work, looking fantastic, keep up the training. SF
  4. S

Golden Triangle Epic 100miler, 100km, 50km & 15km 28th Oct.

great track Well done bendigo mtb club, top track, great event and really well run. Will be back next year with other mates. We need to support our local events. Silv
  5. S

Rocky Mountain 2013

G'day there, That is a nicing looking rig, currently a specialized epic man, but really, really like the RM. Cheers, SF
  6. S

2012 Bendigo 6/3 hr 9th Sept

what a day Just sat down for a rest after a great day out. Bendigo 6hr was fantastic, weather awesome, track in top condition and a well run event. Thanks to all that worked hard to run the event. See you next year. Silver
  7. S

The Single Speed Thread

Great looking bike, well done. SF
  8. S

First Bikepacking Trip

Cheers Dreggsy, thanks for the heads up. Flyboy01 has sent me in the right direction with Tarp tents. Have spoken a bloke who does adventure racing and is using one, speaks highly about them, quick to put up and his has a mozzie net. This will be my next purchase. SF
  9. S

First Bikepacking Trip

G'day flyboy, Thanks for info. What we are chasing is a light weight tent or brivy. So far have been looking at a Black wolf strealth bivy (1.1kg). Cheer SF
  10. S

First Bikepacking Trip

G'day flyboy, Great write up, looks fantastic up there. My mates and I are planning a trip camping out (self supported). Any idea on light weight tents. We were inspired by a guy on the Specialized web site (Lone wolf) who rides a track in Canada, camping out over night. Cheers, Silv
  11. S

The Single Speed Thread

Specialized Stumpjumper SS 29er G'day all, Finally finished my 12 month project. I ride single track/ trails in iron stone country, so I wanted to build something that can take some tough stuff but looks nice and sharp. Hope you like it as much as I do. Found SS 2011 frame through...
  12. S

Gravity 12hr - Bright 2012

Top event Thanks to the event organisers, first time to Bright, great location, really kid friendly, smoking track and DJ played top tunes all day ( must have gone to high school in the 80's). Hope you keep the race transition in caravan park. Back next year.
  13. S

The Single Speed Thread

Yes, first single speed. Thanks for the advice. The plan is to ride the bike in local area and switch rear spockets up or down as required. Brought the frame through local bike shop from the US in July. Been slowly building up bike since then, rockshock REBA forks, American classic single...
  14. S

The Single Speed Thread

Help required Need some help, Building up a 29 er SS using a Stumpjumper frame. Ride single track/ trails around Central Vic. Need some advice on either 36/18 or 34/18 and also the crank length (I'm thinking 175mm). Cheers, The Fox
  15. S

Specialized epic 29r

Nice, very nice.