Recent content by solokiter

1. solokiter

The Hookup?

2. solokiter

Is Mt Joyce any good for DH?

Hey all, I have been out of the riding scene in Bris for a while - however I've been keeping my eye out on this activity at Mt. Joyce. Can anyone elaborate on the details on these tracks? Is the DH any good? Is it maintained? Any entry fees? and what is the deal with shuttles? Busy on...
  3. solokiter

Advice on All Mountain rig?

Appreciate all replys people - has given me some direction! To answer the questions above, Mr Cove, - Riding single track, some gaps/drops, maybe 2-3ft kickers, some steep descents - Will be a weekend warrior (2 rides per week) - Most people seem to have a single pivot/XC setup that is...
  4. solokiter

Advice on All Mountain rig?

Guys, I need some advice on AM bikes, of which I want to purchase for this season. Last season I rode Downhill, a '08 Giant Glory, which I have just sold. This season I want to get more into AM, XC. (I wanna ride up the hill, then bomb back down). The main thing for me is weight -...
  5. solokiter

Mapleton Trail Care

How do you do that without a spade?
  6. solokiter

Whistler - What you need to know

Dee ray lerr In 1 weeks time I will join the Aussies in the mecca, I cannot wait and am 100% ready. Today however, I have bent my derailleur out riding and it is in bad shape. Ghost shifting and a little bit of pulley movement (side to side). It is running ok but not for long. Options...
  7. solokiter

Dodgey spokes?

Hey mate, Yeah I usually take a spoke tool with me - tighten them after each run. One thing I notice is no-one else is doing this - its my wheel for sure. I think I will get it rebuilt - perhaps the previous rider has had the spokes changed to shit ones...
  8. solokiter

Dodgey spokes?

Shit, sounds like a lot of work. Maybe I should just take it into the shop.... :cool:
  9. solokiter

Dodgey spokes?

The bike was bought in 2008 so i'd say a few years. Cant remember if they were loose when I bought it...
  10. solokiter

Dodgey spokes?

Hi all Have a small problem with my spokes coming loose after every ride. I ride Downhill/Freeride, the rim is a Sun Rim MTX and about 2 years old. After each session I need to tighten at least 4-5 spokes which are loose, i mean real loose. Guitar string loose. I dont case a lot, maybe 1 in 5...
  11. solokiter

Clear Mt Maintenance

Sorry to hear this guys, if only they had been there when I was riding. I will be there this Friday afternoon, and all weekend to help out with the repairs. See you then, S.
  12. solokiter

Clear Mountain Downhill Session!

Whoever is keen for wet and potentially muddy action, see you there
  13. solokiter

Beerburrum this weekend

yup If its the only DH track I know of (where they hold the comps) then you sure can, sealed road all the way. Keen for the w/end sometime - have another mate who is keen too. We will be up Clear as well. In my opinion clear is a better run, unless they've worked on Beerburrum. Shoot us a...
  14. solokiter

Beerburrum this weekend

yeah mate, dont have shuttle though....
  15. solokiter

How to get to the top with no shuttle car???

Good concept I think the concept is brilliant, however the practical side may raise a few eyebrows... Especially the Greenies. On the You Tube video he is shuttling back up a long gravel mountain road = perfect. However, shuttling back up the main road with cars etc. = not so good.