Recent content by splinter1959

1. S

VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

Redesdale Race I heard a rumour the course is the same as last year. Hopefully not so cold, or as wet as the year before. Still it is the Inter WINTER series.
  2. S

VIC NO Frills Fridays Night is back at the Youies. Starts June 12th

Season is over Another Winter No Frills Season is over. Despite being set upon by some very cold and unpleasant weather it was an excellent series. Amazing that over 50 people turned out each race. Thanks Alan and Paul. Can't wait until the summer series, it will be warmer.
  3. S

NFF in winter runs only from the Duckpond school because there is access to power for lights. NFF in summer runs from the Kurrajong carpark before Christmas and over the Stockyards in the New Year
  4. S

Excellent First Race That was a good race. A 3km bitumen prologue was a bit unusual but seeing mountain bikers in bunches and slipstreaming was a blast. Then 15+ km of single track up to the Kurrajong and back 3 times, amazingly fast. I was happy with my performance in that I didn't get...
  5. S

VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

How long was a lap? According to my Garmin each lap was 9.47km My 4 lap total was 38.10 km because of the extra bit at the start
  6. S

VIC Ves 2015

On The Day A bit wet under wheel to start but after a few laps the track was great. Some of the tight corners became packed down mud and it was great to fly around them. A well organised and a well run race from GMBC. Results are up on the GMBC page. Roll on the next one.
  7. S

VIC Ves 2015

Excellent Conditions Rode some laps of the Crazy 6 course this morning. Puddles have all gone, tracks are great, no dust, looking good for next week. Weather forecast is for showers on Wednesday and Thursday, and a cloudy day on Saturday, excellent. Lots of team entries in already, don't...
  8. S

Reduced numbers in XC/marathon events? Why?

Dollars It comes down to dollars, how much you have to pay and what you get for your dollar. The same thing has happened to Triathlons. In the early 1980's entering a race was relatively cheap, and you got a finishing medal and a t-shirt and a bbq at the end. Entries were often over 500 in...
  9. S

VIC Ves 2015

Good Conditions Was at the You Yangs today riding around the plantation. Apart from a few puddles the tracks were great. A bit of rain makes the tracks grippy and a lot of fun. So note to organisers of next weeks race Pay the weather gods for a couple of showers next Thursday, then a...
  10. S

VIC Ves 2015

Good Fun Bits of fire road with lots of twisty, through the trees, single track is not boring and plenty of challenge enough after a few laps. If you do the race as a team it is a fast and furious and a lot of fun.
  11. S

VIC 3x3hr Solo Enduros at the You Yangs-Gazebo series 3 x 3 hour races over summer $30eac

Dusty Yep, I think dusty is the key word to describe last Friday nights race. There were times after dark going down Axman where I lost the track in the headlights blur because of the dust. Is this called a brownout???? Great race.
  12. S

VIC 3x3hr Solo Enduros at the You Yangs-Gazebo series 3 x 3 hour races over summer $30eac

Getting There On Sundays it takes me 45mins to get to the You Yangs from Ascot Vale On Friday evenings it takes over an hour, I leave home about 4pm and get there about 5.15pm Just seen a weather forecast for over 30 degrees on Friday, so take plenty of water, there is none available there...