VIC 3x3hr Solo Enduros at the You Yangs-Gazebo series 3 x 3 hour races over summer $30eac

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Hey GMBC'ers

Are you ready for the Gazebo buzz? 3x3hr Solo Enduros at the You Yangs. A, B, C & Women's grades and special events for the Juniors - 1hr Enduro (12-14yrs); 2hr Enduro (15-17yrs).

Rd 1 kicks off on Saturday Dec 6th from the Kurrajong Picnic Ground and it's a bargain! $25 entry for GMBC members, $30 for others. Anyone without an MTBA racing licence will need to also purchase a day licence. Or you can enter the whole Series and save some dough. These events will be pre-entry only so get on it now.

Rd 2 is Friday Feb 6th (evening race) and Rd 3 is Saturday Mar 14th in the Stockyards.

Further info on the GMBC website here

NB: GMBC follows the MTBA Junior Policy, so on race day you must be at least 15yrs to compete in the 3hr Enduro, at least 14yrs to compete in the 2hr Enduro and at least 12yrs for the 1hr Enduro. This event is a part of the GMBC Aggregate Club Championship award for 2015.

Tania (for the GMBC Crew)

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
entries close december 4th.

http://gmbc.com.au/event/3x3-gazebo-series-rd-1

19 Days till GAZEBO round 1. enter online link above. Remember it is ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY! There will be NO on the day entries. Entries for Rd1 close on Thursday 4th December.

In a bid to stream line this event and make it easier for our Race crew we are not going to offer on the day entries. Our new timing system is up and running, so you will be issued with electronic timing chips on your race place. We need to get these all organised before the morning of the race.

thanks

akashra

Eats Squid
Ugh. Bucketing down rain before the event and I turned up with no jacket, no leg warmers, half-worn resin brake pads and forgot food. A trip to and from rego and my clothes were soaked. Most importantly I discovered I'd forgot my towel, so the local strags will have known this frood was easy pickings. Man was I unprepared :(

Then I left all of my drink bottles there, and didn't realise this until I was half way home :/

Please tell me others had more fun on the trails?

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Race Day 1

Now I am home and showered I feel like it was a good day.

Riding up Axeman on the later laps was a challenge I didn't want to face. I was only doing about 15kmh and was struggling to keep the bike on the track due to some very slippy mud holes.

The best part of the day was riding up Starwars behind Fletch on his fatbike, he was like Moses and parted the waters, as long as I stayed close I would get through before it all flooded back. What a buzz.

The bike has had its shower too and has come through unscathed, pity about the legs driving it, oh well more training.

Thanks to the GMBC crew for putting on a fun day out, under trying conditions. Very wet, muddy and slippy but it was nice for a change to have a race at the youies on a track that wasn't dry and fast.

ringburner

Likes Bikes
Great event

Thanks to the GMBC crew for putting on a fun day out, under trying conditions. Very wet, muddy and slippy but it was nice for a change to have a race at the youies on a track that wasn't dry and fast.
Thanks GMBC, great event as usual. I can't wait for the night race.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You call that muddy? Should come to Red Hill or have gone to Wombat afterwards to see what mud really is! :bathbaby:

Yes it was undeniably soaking wet, contrary to the popular belief that it never rains at Youies, but it remained ferociously grippy in all but a couple of tiny areas. I had time to go out & do a 6th lap, but decided to call it seeing as I had a very late call-up to the Wombat 24, so figured it best to leave something in the tank.

Looking forward to the next one; really love the night blast.

PS: The guy on the fatbike just about needed to issue tsunami alerts when he hit the puddles! :tongue:

Last edited:

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Great event GMBC, thanks to all involved and for the riders who rode, had a ball. The fatboy was slow but fun.

Last edited:

kbekus

Likes Dirt
phew, so *that's* what riding along a running creek feels like. Even as the rain came down harder just before the race start it ended up being a great, fun event. Only muddy in a couple of patches, mostly that gritty, sandy surface that we all know and love at the Youies... except that with the standing water it was now a gritty, sandy grinding paste in my drivetrain and brakes :( Thankyou GMBC crew for standing out in the rain keeping us on track. Sadly I had to leave my bike in the car until this arvo and it's not a pretty sight..... time for a strip and rebuild.

Also amazing how many events were on around Melbourne this weekend... this 3x3 round, the 24 hour at Wombat and the 'thing' down at Lorne. Plenty of choice for the outdoorsey.... get wet riding, swimming or kayaking.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Race 3 - change of date

Just seen on the GMBC website that race 3 has been put back a week to March 21st because of a clash with a race in Bright.
But now it clashes with Odyssey in Forrest. Any chance it could be moved back another week to March 28th, there doesn't appear to be any other race on that weekend (MTBV website).

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Guys, I see round 2 is on this Friday. How long does to take to get to the Youies from the CBD at that time of day? Never been down that way at peak hour.

Cheers,

Coast

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys, I see round 2 is on this Friday. How long does to take to get to the Youies from the CBD at that time of day? Never been down that way at peak hour.

Cheers,

Coast
I gave myself an hour last year and it wasn't enough. The weather's looking good so hopefully traffic will flow a bit, but I'll give myself an hour and a half this time around.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Getting There

On Sundays it takes me 45mins to get to the You Yangs from Ascot Vale
On Friday evenings it takes over an hour, I leave home about 4pm and get there about 5.15pm

Just seen a weather forecast for over 30 degrees on Friday, so take plenty of water, there is none available there.

I am looking forward to a hot, dry race after the last Gazebo.

ringburner

Likes Bikes
Hot dry and fast!

On Sundays it takes me 45mins to get to the You Yangs from Ascot Vale
On Friday evenings it takes over an hour, I leave home about 4pm and get there about 5.15pm

Just seen a weather forecast for over 30 degrees on Friday, so take plenty of water, there is none available there.

I am looking forward to a hot, dry race after the last Gazebo.
Hot, dry and fast! Rolling down Epic in the dark is fantastic. Loved it, thanks GMBC - I reckon this is the highlight of your event calendar. All agree?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Hot, dry and fast! Rolling down Epic in the dark is fantastic. Loved it, thanks GMBC - I reckon this is the highlight of your event calendar. All agree?
You forgot dusty. Damn it was dusty. But I agree, a real highlight. That course is a total smashfest. You're just on the gas everywhere.
Any results?

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Dusty

Yep, I think dusty is the key word to describe last Friday nights race.

There were times after dark going down Axman where I lost the track in the headlights blur because of the dust.

Is this called a brownout????

Great race.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Thanks again to the riders for again supporting GMBC events. Results up

Once again the number of riders that come and support our events is wonderful.
Thanks everyone for racing hard and keeping the event friendly and fun.
We have had many comments from you thanking us for the event and the great vibe out on the track.
Manners by you guys and girls is what keeps us motivated to run these events.
We love it when everyone has fun.
Almost 170 riders on a busy friday night is amazing.

results are here.
http://gmbc.com.au/201415-results