Recent content by steve17

1. S

Is the Bell Sanction a Safe DH Helmet?

Yeah that was another concern, if I feel confident enough to have a crack at VDHS next year I'd want it to pass standards.
  2. S

Is the Bell Sanction a Safe DH Helmet?

Hey all, I recently purchased a Bell Sanction for DH riding. In comparison to my old 661, it has far better padding and feels very secure and protective on my head. However, I went to sus out reviews on it and they say it's meant more for slopestyle and BMX and shouldn't be used for DH. This...
  3. S

Do Clamp Bike Racks Work for DH Bikes?

Soz couldn't think of another name for it. Alright, I'll avoid the strap on and go for a clamp for the time being.
  4. S

Yeah true, so I guess the bike sits on a fair angle? The Demo has a particularly slack head tube. We're only traveling up to 30 mins at a time, sounds like a clamp should be okay, especially given that you've already had a Demo 8 on one. Thanks
  5. S

Damn that sucks, was she using a clamp rack or a strap on rack?
  6. S

Hey all, I know this is a noob question but I can't find any info on this. Do clamp bike racks work for Downhill Bikes? I wasn't sure if being a thicker frame than the average Bike would be an issue. I'm thinking of something like this...
  7. S

Downhill Tracks in Geelong?

Man this is super helpful! Thanks heaps!
  8. S

Yeah I'm coming back to riding after 10 years, so I have ridden you yangs way back then - However from the GoPro videos I have seen the tracks appear to have changed a lot. Cressy only had 3 or 4 jumps and now it appears to have heaps, and I don't remember Turbulance being as rocky back then as...
  9. S

Hey all, I was riding around Fyansford in Geelong and I found some short singletrack/downhill style tracks with a few small jumps which were all good fun. However, I've seen footage form riders filmed around the same area on tracks that have bigger jumps, boardwalks, wooden sections and tracks...
  10. S

Are Norco Still Making 2008 bikes?

yeahh it's fair crap. Oh well, I'll end up with something decent hopefully. I guess I just gotta hope that the 09 Manik is as good and as sexy as the 08 one.
  11. S

Alright I will
  12. S

I want a size small Norco Manik. If I call up and order one, are Norco Still making them? Has anyone recently ordered a 2008 Norco Bike? Are orders still coming through? If not, does that mean the they will possibly be selling 2009 models in the next few months? I know Norco hasn't...
  13. S

Is Toe Overlap an Issue on Size Small Norcos?

alright thanks. Yeah I don't know what it is but it's a park bike. I should be fine then =) Can't wait to get a Manik
  14. S

Alright thanks =) And do you ride with the centre of your foot over the pedals? Yeah it's something I had never considered until the other day when I rode my friends Size small Eastern something and my foot was hitting the front tire, rather annoying really.
  15. S

yeah I just got corrected on that =P On the Norco website, the pic of the 08 Manik looks like it has a 24" rear wheel for some reason