Recent content by .stu.

1. S

Professionalism, or Cheating?

I think the advantage of following another rider is being greatly underestimated by a lot of people. A couple of years ago I competed solo in a 12hr race and for the first 3 laps I followed a rider in a mixed pair doing 3-on 3-off. By following his wheel at a pace slightly faster than what I...
  2. S

VIC Southern Exposure 24 hour MTB festival 20-21 OCT

Thank you Southern Exposure for another awesome event. Yesterday was so much fun. Excellent trails, great atmosphere, cool people and perfect weather. Thanks to all the other riders out on course for making it a fun, safe and friendly race. Thanks to all the people who turned up in the village...
  3. S

Why?

Ditto with a Specialized Epic 29er :P
  4. S

Castlemaine Rocky Riders 6 Hour, Sunday 19 August

Great day out, big thanks to the Rocky Riders for running another awesome event. Good course, tough but rewarding, good mtb trails.
  5. S

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

Fantastic event, thanks to everyone who helped out, I had a great day out and so too did everyone I spoke to. Great courses, exciting format and a really slick event by GMBC, well done.
  6. S

VES round 6- Blores Hill- GMTB

Yeah, not the right thread to debate about decisions made by others for reasons that apparently aren't all that self-evident. On topic: That was one of the slickest events I've had the good fortune to participate in. Rego was so easy I wandered out in confusion thinking I'd missed it but no...
  7. S

VES round 6- Blores Hill- GMTB

I don't give a fuck if something was already discussed if i wasn't a part of that discussion. Start Sunday races at 8am to encourage people to stay the night before. Start Saturday races at 10am or later during summer when daylight allows a late finish to encourage people to stay the night after...
  8. S

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

I still remember the first time Tim saw me bunny hop sideways over a tram line on my roadie, he nearly fell off his in amazement. If you need to dodge potholes and gutters on your roadie, you're doing it wrong, no wonder you don't think it's fun. See i only ever race for the fun and enjoyment...
  9. S

and in other news... The Strava KOM/QOM is currently being led by Brad Wadsworth on 3:16 and Josie Simpson on 4:23. Get that garmin file uploaded if you think you did better.
  10. S

My turn!... Thanks for the feedback. Did you read my post last night about the coffee van? Are you aware that this was the very first event held by ClubFGP? Have you noticed at the MTB races with less than 200 riders the food you purchased was sold by the coffee van? It took me 15 minutes...
  11. S

The coffee van was booked, the coffee van didn't show up. It's not a van we've used before and it's certainly not a van we'll use again. If I knew the name, I would name and shame but the booking was handled by another member of the committee. I was counting on the not-racing factor as an...
  12. S

Exactly, that and about a dozen other negative factors that appear with each possible solution.
  13. S

Thanks for all the positive feedback. We had a great time today and we're really glad everyone who raced did too. We were concerned about holding presentations before the final riders had finished but we were also concerned about finished riders leaving before presentations. We wanted to...