Recent content by styler

1. styler

ACT Rockshox Monarch 7.25x1.75 (184x44) rear shock

Thought this may be of interest. https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/rockshox-monarch-rt-mountain-bike-rear-shock-184x4/OT-GMONAR-711
  2. styler

cane creek DBinline vs fox float x2

Love my DBinline when it is working, My fitted one to my sight which worked for about 500km before going in for the upgraded seal and head. Back on the bike and has done another 400km without issue so far. I am 90kg and I run 175PSI HSC 1.75 LSC 4 HSR 2 LSR 9 I found when the shock was...
  3. styler

The discount code thread

I always seem to get a discount voucher sent to me when I load my cart up with over a hundred dollars worth and not complete the purchase. Usually the next day I get the email with a discount code for $10off. Cant guarantee it will work but it has for my last couple of orders, nothing to lose...
  4. styler

Bargain buys thread

I've purchased from cycling deal many times and never had a problem. There prices on sram cassettes kills everybody else. As far as the purchasing the RC pikes over RCT3 I would go the RC model. I prefer the click by click increase on the RC over the trail mode setting on the RCT3. I find the...
  5. styler

Little Things You Hate

Ordered some pikes last night from Starbike only to recieve a message today to say they are not honouring the sale as there was a pricing problem :Cry: Not happy jane:tsk:
  6. styler

Change Sram to Shimano drivetrain.

Order some of these, delivered 3 days later. You cant ask for more than that. 1180 weighs in at 314 grams. Works perfectly with my XTR /XT combo. Think this option give you the best of both worlds.
  7. styler

Sold

Pm coming re:-chainring
  8. styler

Carbon handlebar/stem/seatpost from ebay?

I run Uno stems on most of my bikes. My norco's had uno stems and posts from the factory. I figured if its good enough for OEM fitments then its good enough for me.
  9. styler

New bike Norco sight A7.2 or Focus Jam Lite???

Just built up a Norco Sight and I am still blown away with how good a bike its is. First ride out I was Struggling with corner grip on my usual trails, trying to set the bike up I was struggling to get this thing to turn. It wasn't until I loaded my ride to Strava that I realised why I was...
  10. styler

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Distance 3821km Time 238h 14m Elev Gain 42,862 m Rides 174 Well I have blown my original 3000km out of the water and I'm only a 180km away from my next target of 4000km, I starting off injured in January but I've had a pretty good year with only minor spills. Some time off lined up for...
  11. styler

Cartridge Bearing hubs on a budget?

I have run Octane One Orbital Pros on a couple of builds, I have not had a problem with them as yet. One of my wheelset's built with these hubs on spank rims would have about 6000km on them and still working perfectly and the price is right. :thumb...
  12. styler

Hoarders unite!

I'm not hoarding, I'm just collecting bits for my next build. You know how it goes another set of wheels becomes a complete bike in no time. :whoo: I thought id try something new and sell some bikes only to find I had money to build new bikes.:thumb:
  13. styler

Trance X (Vic)

:faint: He's Dreaming