New bike Norco sight A7.2 or Focus Jam Lite???

Shae

Cannon Fodder
Hi All, Im interested in your thoughts. Who has ridden either of the above?? Please dont get too technical!! Ive ridden downhill for years and also have an older all mountain bike. Figure another all mountain bike will suit my needs. No more downhilling for me now.
Concerns the FOLD suspension set up on the Focus Jam is new technology. Cant find any reviews on it.
Will the SRAM Eagle really be that big a difference to the 1x11 on the Norco Sight?
Thanks Shae

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I can't speak to the Focus, but I rode a Sight last week at a Norco Demo event and was very impressed. Smooth as, and climbs amazingly well. I'm seriously considering getting one when I get back from the US in Feb.

styler

Likes Dirt
Just built up a Norco Sight and I am still blown away with how good a bike its is. First ride out I was Struggling with corner grip on my usual trails, trying to set the bike up I was struggling to get this thing to turn. It wasn't until I loaded my ride to Strava that I realised why I was struggling. I was just carrying so much more speed, sections of trail which I thought I would be slower on because of the type of bike I was riding I was still faster. Its not until you get to the long climbs that I wish I was on my XC dually. I have now fitted a cane creek inline on it and this I believe makes a big difference from the monarch I had fitted the first ride, I find I don't need to use the climb switch as it just climbs far better then I would expect for a 140/150mm travel bike.

The funny thing is as much as I like mine I rode one at the recent Norco demo to try out the pikes compared to the RLC Fox's on mine and I didn't like it, but I believed that the main reason for this was the rear shock, the cane creek makes a world of difference. No matter which bike you buy I'm sure you will love either of them. I love my Focus, I love my Norco's. Why not just buy both of them :eyebrows: There's always room for one more.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Have owned a '15 Sight c7.2, was an amazing bike. I also struggled to understand how it could be SO much better than my previous ride, thin king it was just placebo effect.. but no, it was actually that much better! Mine had a CCDB and pikes, and i couldn't fault it. I did however end up selling the dh rig, and just felt the sight wasn't quite up to the days i might wanna shuttle, so i sold it before I ended up wrecking it. But, saying that, i rode it at Skyline and Wynyard in Queenstown, and it gobbled it all up.
Probably both great bikes, but can vouch for the Sight. You won't regret buying one.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
go the norco! i love mine!

as everyone else has said! a VERY capable bike! it just keeps begging for you to give it more!

mind you not much of the original bike is left :/ ALOT of upgrades now... whoops!