Recent content by tabmow

1. T

NSW Brownie Points Burner

I was wondering if the trail will be marked on sat for a pre race reckie?
  2. T

[ACT] 2012 Australian Marathon Championships - Stromlo, 10th June

With the juniors race on saturday I'm just wondering how much of the course will be available for a practice lap. Did it cop much rain over the last few days? Hopefully it will dry out and pack down for a super fast surface so I can average over 20km/hr to make it back for the presso!!!
  3. T

MTBA Marathon Championships - Canberra 10 June

Camping Will there be camping available at Mt Stromlo the night before the race?
  4. T

NSW XC Championship 2012?

5th August? I've been wondering whats going on too. Last years States were great fun with good numbers enjoying tight competition on awesome trails. Had a look on Enduropulse.com and there is an event listed as "round 2 of the NSW XCO Series and Championships" to be held at Fitzroy Falls...
  5. T

Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

Camping? Food? I'm thinking of camping at Mt Stromlo on Sat night and wondering what facilities will be available? Will the toilets and showers be open? Any food available? Can't wait to race the Rocky Trail series as they have been awesome events in the past. Well run with a great...
  6. T

Bottlebutt 100 & Hairy-Butt 50 - 10th September

Hard What a tough day in the saddle with much self talk needed to keep riding and not pull out. I'd rate it as tough this years Otway O with more dismounts due to mud/slop and deep puddles from motor bike ruts (and more stacks for me). I sure was pleased we weren't sent up Bago mountain as that...
  7. T

Are specialized bikes the new giant??

No. Always No 1! I rode an test Speccie S-works 29er epic at last years Scott and what a bike. Awesome ride. Fell in love with the brand again and would have added to the Stumpy in the quiver if not for the price. Settled for a Giant Anthem X SL 0 26er (10.8kg out of the box with xtr...
  8. T

Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

I'm looking forward to a great final race of the series on some awesome trails. Just hoping this gorgeous spring weather hangs around. Wondering when the course will be marked?
  9. T

The Husky 100ker

How wet does it have to get? How do the trail conditions at the moment compare to what they were like before they decided to postpone last years race?
  10. T

Manly Dam Open?

Why Here After any rain the trail around Manly Dam shows how an inappropriately created trail leads to degradation of the "bush". The problems of erosion, run off and widening of trails to avoid wet/muddy sections can be negated by building trails to IMBA standards. Most long term serious off...
  11. T

Camping/Accom Around Awaba

I thinking of heading up to Awaba in the next few days and wondering if there are any free camping or cheap accom options around the area??
  12. T

The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2011

Great Great event, great trails, great vibe. It really felt like what MTB racing is all about. I was late on race day, barely making rego, blew the nutrition and warm up plans and just made it to the start, forgeting a spare tube. Two punctures (had a repair kit) later my top 10 finish was...
  13. T

2011 MONT 24hr gpx course file

Kow camping? I'm keen to ride and camp at Kowen. Are the new tracks easy to find and is it possible to camp at the transition area used at the previous Mont 24's (or is that gate to Molongolo Gorge locked)? If not what are the camping options nearby. Thanx
  14. T

2011 Mountains to Beach

Does anyone have any idea on how much of this course can be riden prior to the event? I'm doing the Otway Odyssey as a lead up race and going via the Snowy mountains on the way down and home via the NSW South coast. The route guides on the Wild Horizons website are rather vague and I'm...
  15. T

road bike rules, nsw

Rights/Rules or Survival Cyclists can legally pass stopped vehicles on the left, but not moving vehicles. This was pointed out to me by my lawyer in a previous court case. Sharing the roads really comes down to courtesty and how you would like to be treated if you were the other road user...