Recent content by Virage Vitesse

1. V

VIC The Brackenbury MTB Challenge 2015 November 22nd, Creswick Victoria

Thanks for that recent feedback. Sorry I don't check Rotorburn that often these days. Unfortunately the clash with the rescheduled Bendigo VES may have taken away a few more of the competitive riders to our event, but our focus has always been more on riders who want to give themselves a bit of...
  2. V

VIC Great Dividing Trail ride 400kms, self supported bikepacking.

The same place I get all my most important and relevant news. Facebook. There is a 'Bikepacking Australia' group.
  3. V

VIC Great Dividing Trail ride 400kms, self supported bikepacking.

I'm still on a little high from finishing this event, despite being pretty tired and sore, so it would be nice to share my experience for anyone interested. There were maybe 15 to 20 of us on the start line, although some with varying intentions of racing, riding, or just doing part of the...
  4. V

Hey Moorey, I've passed this on to the timing team. They had a very hectic day with more riders than what we anticipated, and manual timing can be a very complicated job, so my apologies for any inaccuracies. Was that your boy that I gave the prize to for his wheel coming off? I think Felix and...
  5. V

Hi Mark, sorry I didn't see your previous post. But I take it you found the venue. Results will be posted up shortly, I'll send a link when they are ready. In the meantime there are a few pics up on our Facebook page.
  6. V

Entries close Wednesday Don't forget to sign up!!! Online rego closes at midday Wednesday (tomorrow) if you want to get your own personalised race plate and to help us plan for numbers. Entry through Entry Zone. Weather is looking like a very pleasant 22deg and sunny. See you all there.
  7. V

Kids race Anyone wanting to bring their kids a long for a bit of a ride around a simple 2km loop there will be a separate children's event (5yrs-13yrs) - $5 register on the day (this covers insurance costs). Starts approx. 10.30am and will be finished before the start of the main race. Bikes of...
  8. V

Here's the profile of the course. Here's a couple of pics. And the poster.
  9. V

My only MTB at the moment is a Salsa Fargo, a rigid drop bar off-road touring bike thingy. So I've been riding the loop on that. Fun and do-able but wouldn't recommend it if you wanted to race. Maybe thats why parts of the course feel so damn rough. A bike with some agility and a bit of cush...
  10. V

Is this the most coveted, or most dangerous trophy in the history of MTB?
  11. V

Course map and profile up here. Much of the loop is similar to the last two years course, however this year we have reversed the direction! Due to logging there is no more Russel's Colon, no more FCG and no more Turner Burner. Instead, we have Turner Burner 2 - 'Son of Turner Burner' which is...
  12. V

Out on the trail this morning. Keen spectator already got his viewing spot!
  13. V

Back again for its fifth year, The Brackenbury Mountain Bike Challenge run in Creswick is set for a new date in November, but promises to have the same grass roots, low-key vibe and family friendly atmosphere that it has become known for. Racing will be on a 25km loop of varied terrain suitable...
  14. V

2015 XCM Marathon Champs - Derby Tasmania

Thanks. Looking forward to it, and checking out some other places in the north while we are over there.