Recent content by volcanoman

1. V

Ivanhoe dirt jumps need few seconds of your time

How much work we talking? Got any pics? Also how come it says cannon fodder under your name?
  2. V

VIC ********* Warburton MTB Trails Update *********** PLEASE READ **********

Relative newbs go on the green ones! Blue = intermediate right?
  3. V

That's gotta be the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about too many trails haha. Why is too many a bad thing? The feature argument I don't really understand either, seems we have plenty of tracks with flat stuff. I like lots of features to get the flow happening. But that's...
  4. V

What is wrong with their style? Just curious as they've gifted us some pretty nice runs: Hero (RIP), Black Hill, Harcourt, Mt Taylor and probably more I can't think of.
  5. V

Recommend me an AM bike around $3.5k

This could get close, but you'd have to find the frame on some sort of hefty discount code to get it around 3.5k
  6. V

(Vic) Red Hill Gravity Enduro

+1 That's a pretty wild entry fee for no shuttles. You Yangs MTB seem to be able to run the Cressy race cheaper with shuttles (not to mention unlimited snags).
  7. V

Please delete.

Couldn't agree more. I've also gone through two 160/170mm beasts myself, only to opt for bikes with less travel later on. I think you'd want something that accelerates quickly as there's not a lot of high speed sections at the places you want to ride. Can't speak for Buller though, I've...
  8. V

Please delete.

Just throwing in my two cents - I think for the riding you've described a 140mm-150mm trail bike would be ideal. Maybe even less travel. I've done a fair bit of riding at the first three spots you've mentioned and found my 2017 remedy is more than enough to handle them. I think if I were...
  9. V

STOLEN VIC 2017 Scott Gambler 730 Geelong

Bike: 2017 Scott Gambler 730 Colour: black and green Date it was stolen: 24/1/17 Where it was stolen: Geelong Specs: Stock except cane creek db air in the rear, guides, charger damper and some clear tape for frame protection. Other Descriptions: Pictures:
  10. V

Buying a bike in whistler vs aus

I would definitely buy one here and take it over there. You can find really good specials at bike shops here whereas whistler tends to be strictly retail prices. I didn't see any discounted rigs apart from beat up ex demo wilsons, glorys etc. this year. Plus it's heaps easier to worry about...
  11. V

Argyle 318 vs '08 DJ1s

Hello Farkiners, I am confronted with a bit of a pickle... I'm looking for a pair of new forks and have narrowed my options down to the argyle 318 or the 08 Dj1s. I have not ridden either of these forks so i have no idea what they feel like, although i do understand that the argyles have...
  12. V

26"/ 2 vs2 /Intermediate, Street, Park and dirt/Derelikt & Matt_82 vs volcanoman&co.

did you crash? or just there for another matter...?
  13. V

26"/ 2 vs2 /Intermediate, Street, Park and dirt/Derelikt & Matt_82 vs volcanoman&co.

If i posted our trick up at 10:20 on the 4th of july and its now 10:53 on the 9th of july that must mean.. its been 5 days! looks like you get a letter...
  14. V

flow drift frame

thanks leitch and karl for your input, it helped a lot. haha yeh exactly like that gone.ridin- you will have to tell me what it rides like when you take it for a spin.