Recent content by willy_c

1. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Tristan, Im quite happy to remove prior comments and apologise. I dont understand why you have your back up at all though? In the first instance you cant expect people not to make a reply to a comment like "if thats what your $3000 lens produces i'd be taking it back". A little offensive but a...
  2. W

The Photo Snob Thread

The fish photo has been compressed to the nines so image quality is obviously poor, hence why it was also referred to as a quick snap. 30+mb raw photo to a 200kb jpeg. You cannot even come close to making judgement of the lens based on that photo. It is truly amazing. I would wait until you...
  3. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Chasing $800 if anyone is interested.
  4. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Very quick snap of the fisheye lens I have for sale. Taken with the 85mm f/1.2L. Amazing how quickly the image focus drops off. Another one from in the kitchen. Decided to keep the 1d mark II and sell the 1d mark III. If anyone is interested pm me for details. Cheers Will
  5. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Hi guys, Got another piece of gear for sale: Excellent condition canon 1d mark II (this is the second one I have owned). Has a few small scratches here and there but otherwise fantastic cond.Comes with dual battery carger, manuals and non-genuine strap.Saw one of these finish the other night...
  6. W

The Photo Snob Thread

This shot is nearly identical to a shot out of one of clay porters films. Wicked shot.
  7. W

The Photo Snob Thread

For the amount of dough a good wedding photographer charges you would expect as a client that a fair amount of time and effort would go into each photo. Bare minimum I would pay no less than $3K for someone to shoot my wedding and would be extremely picky who I choose. There is a wedding...
  8. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Hi all, Got a plastic fantastic (50mm f/1.8 II) brand new not out of the box if anyone is interested. Super fast for the money. Let me know Cheers
  9. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Nice pics. I think I saw you up at the race (didnt say hello but saw you in my passing travels snapping also). As mentioned by someone already the flash in your photos is way too hard. The ratio between flash and ambient is not quite right. This is not always a bad thing (in this case it not...
  10. W

The Photo Snob Thread

I think if this was framed slightly higher it would be a much better shot. This might sound funny but I am left wanting to see slightly more of her body for it to feel complete. Sky is slightly blown but if shot on digi can be fixed, but make sure you keep the shiny look of her hair though (the...
  11. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Should be there. Hopefully doesnt rain or end in a helicopter incident this year. 2 years running has involved a chopper out for somebody.
  12. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Both look a little bit flat and the ambient is a little off in my opinion. Dont get me wrong they are both quite good but if you would like something to look more closely at then I would say work on the ambient. This is an important part of using flash, balance between ambient and flash. They...
  13. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Although I do not necessarily agree with a few things he quotes in this article here an amount of what he states (somewhat smaller than he would like to think) is fairly correct. Is it worthy of an article or sharing with anyone....probably not. I think the most valuable points concern lens...
  14. W

The Photo Snob Thread

This is the f/2.8L version.Apologies for not mentioning that initially.
  15. W

The Photo Snob Thread

Hi again all, Not sure how much cash everyone has laying around at the moment but I have come across a 70-200mm IS USM for sale (friend)....he is only after $1400 which is super cheap for this type of lens. I already have one of these so thought I would pass it onto anyone here who is...