Recent content by Wombatone

1. Wombatone

Pointless new standards - name and shame the "innovators".

Johnny, bad example. Bolt a Slant or Pike on your pushie and you will see a world of difference. 150mm 32's are complete rubbish. Agree on the kashima, but it looks very nice and it will get you some extra cash when you finally see the light and flog your 32's on ebay.
  2. Wombatone

Time to retire this helmet?

Time for a new one,bin it.
  3. Wombatone

Narbethong - Alpine Gravity Enduro 2014

Agree , I was a bit optimistic with 20min shuttle times on the day. More like one to two hours depending on the scale of injury on the track at a given time. Not to have the Ambos on site on Saturday (the busiest day) and have the track closed for hours while waiting for an Ambulance to come...
  4. Wombatone

Narbethong - Alpine Gravity Enduro 2014

Run down of the Narbethong Alpine Gravity Enduro. Captured on Friday before the track turned to mud on Sunday. Great track , well done Alpine Gravity. http://thethinkbiggroup.com.au/TeamWombatMountainbikeNarbethong2014.html
  5. Wombatone

Who's running standard Maxxis tyres (Ikon, Ignitor) tubeless?

Running Minions Dual Ply tubeless over the last year , excellent no problems.
  6. Wombatone

Ahhh g'day ( Rental and trail info needed )

Our site has some info on some Vic trails. Has not been updated since beginning of winter (to busy riding) but you might find something you like. http://thethinkbiggroup.com.au/TeamWombatMountainbikeHome.html The guys at Trailmix in Lysterfield should be able to be able to help you out...
  7. Wombatone

Rockshox Reverb Bleeding?

Agree, just get the kit. Probably can do your brakes with the same kit (I used it on Formulas and Xt's same fittings) so it will get you out of trouble sooner or later.
  8. Wombatone

Would bike shops match online prices?

I love sushi,let's talk about sushi. Do you think Australian sushi places will match overseas prices? Sushi,sushi.
  9. Wombatone

Seeing what my bike is worth second hand

Looking at the parts you got on there I think between 1000 and 1400 bucks. Hope you get better quick and don't have to sell it.
  10. Wombatone

Mondraker Foxy

Foxy XR looks good. What is your warranty on the frame?
  11. Wombatone

Orange Five creaking??

Nobody should have a creaky bike. Surprised no one mentioned it , but change your Fox Forks over to a different brand, never had a creak since. 12
  12. Wombatone

Fox fork service hours

If it creaks and leaks it must be a 32 Fox. Get them serviced every 2 weeks of riding and you will be right. Yes Mitcheyman it's number eleven.
  13. Wombatone

My fork extended by 40mm!

You can call me silly but once bitten twice shy , buggered if you see me on an overpriced Fox fork in a hurry.
  14. Wombatone

Sorry Dman , no need to get upset. In my opinion the 32's are crap , happy now.
  15. Wombatone

No need to get personal now is there? Feel free to play the man and not the issue at hand. If say, I would be sponsered by Fox, I would have no problem with changing my forks every time they stuff up. As I am not in this un-fortunate boat,I can pick and choose which fork to ride. All late...