My fork extended by 40mm!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
No need to get personal now is there? Feel free to play the man and not the issue at hand.

If say, I would be sponsered by Fox, I would have no problem with changing my forks every time they stuff up.
As I am not in this un-fortunate boat,I can pick and choose which fork to ride.
All late model 32's I had were all buggered within 6 month of use and spend more time in the shop than on the bike.

You can feel free to spend your cash (and they are not cheap) on Foxes if you like but do not expect me to recommend these things to anyone while there are so much better performing forks out there.
I will leave this job to the Fox sponsered Fox riders.
The point is champ is that it's your opinion. And you are voicing your opinion like you're a guru and it's a hard known fact. I don't care what you ride. But if they are bought and used for the right purpose they are great fork. I had the 2014 32 Float and it was very nice. I upgraded to a 34 because it didn't suit my needs, not because It was bad. Try starting statements with "In my oipinion..." then.

Wombatone

Likes Dirt
The point is champ is that it's your opinion. And you are voicing your opinion like you're a guru and it's a hard known fact. I don't care what you ride. But if they are bought and used for the right purpose they are great fork. I had the 2014 32 Float and it was very nice. I upgraded to a 34 because it didn't suit my needs, not because It was bad. Try starting statements with "In my oipinion..." then.
Sorry Dman , no need to get upset.
In my opinion the 32's are crap , happy now.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Sorry Dman , no need to get upset.
In my opinion the 32's are crap , happy now.
given your last nine posts are about fox forks, i think you're the one who is a little upset.

also, basing your opinion of fox products off one range of forks is a bit silly too.

Wombatone

Likes Dirt
given your last nine posts are about fox forks, i think you're the one who is a little upset.

also, basing your opinion of fox products off one range of forks is a bit silly too.
You can call me silly but once bitten twice shy , buggered if you see me on an overpriced Fox fork in a hurry.

DMan

My point. I'm sure Fox will be hammering on your door to get your business back. And I'd still go back to my LBS by the way getting back on track. And I thought all the internet was the truth Tek? Like Wiki...

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet Mod.
How did you do it? Can any fork get an extra 40mm travel? Or is it only incorrectly put together ones? Can you mod the rear shock for extra travel too?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Thanks for the pointless argument guyyyyys!

Anyway, rode into Tekin after work today and Brad checked it out on the spot.

It's likely when my fork was serviced, the washer thingo before the circlip was put in backwards, stopping the clip from clipping in properly, and eventually falling out!
It also had the wrong fluid, and not enough fluid.

So, joy!

But Brad sorted it out in no time and now everything seems properly functional! :)

T-Rex

Template denier
Yes, that's exactly what I did wrong, that washer has a groove in one side so it seats nicely in the circlip. The groove should face down, I had it facing the other way. It buggered the circlip, so it wouldn't seat properly, and fell out.

Sounds like you got off lightly.

DMan

Win win man. Sounds like you're lucky you didn't go back to your LBS sadly.....:embarassed::embarassed:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Patent this discovery and sell it for a pop up penis extension. You'll make millions before people can track you down for not delivering a long term extra 40mm...

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
So crap they've had one problem in the three years I've been using them, and it was related to a mechanic error during reassembly. :p

nathanm

Eats Squid
Awesome outcome, just got my shock back from Tekin and these guys certainly have outstanding customer service as demonstrated.