Little Things You Love

Mica

Likes Dirt
White chocolate and peppermint canes all crushed up is 100% yum! Have you had a go at making it yourself? If not, it's super easy.
I did contemplate it, wife would not be impressed if more appeared in the house, which only encourages me further.

Mica

Likes Dirt
Also quit my job today, complete change of direction and no more worrying about what people I supervise are fucking up every day. It's a ltil at the moment, see how I feel in a couple of months
Did the same thing at the start of December after 15 years and have changed to a completely different scale of operation from where I was (a lot less people to think about now). Yet to start the new gig (definitely a LTIL) but only positive thoughts the more I think about it. Can’t wait to start in a couple of weeks

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You have to share the photos of the helmet now after this story.

Supervising staff is the biggest challenge most of us face at work. Ask the lady who owns the milk bar, or the hospital CEO. They all have staff they'd happily push off a cliff.
Isn't there some etiquette regarding other people's crash pics? I'll let him post it when he's old enough to visit farkinburn

Congratulations on taking the first step to your new life! In a few months you wont care too much about what you've given up, just how much you have gained.
I'm not kidding about the change, it's a big difference. I'm hoping it'll be all sunshine and lollipops, but there's a big pay drop to start with and it's uncharted waters for me

Did the same thing at the start of December after 15 years and have changed to a completely different scale of operation from where I was (a lot less people to think about now). Yet to start the new gig (definitely a LTIL) but only positive thoughts the more I think about it. Can’t wait to start in a couple of weeks
I'm going from being more or less a desk jockey that tells people what to do and receives pineapples from management when they cock it up, to a plumbers apprentice. Management are scratching their heads and calling me 15 times a day to ask me if I'm sure about this, I'm not, but they don't have to know that

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
frommanagement when theycock it up, to a plumbersapprentice.
Wow! That's awesome! Except the part where you'll be playing with other people's shit for the rest of your life...I'd gett into gas fitting as quick as possible.

I don't know the specifics of your $$$ situation, and everyone is quite different in this regard. I went from Web designer to casual barista. Sure ther have been a few stressful times where work has been thin, but compared to bullshit of office life it passes quickly. You'll get good at budgeting! Plus you have a clear pathway to better times once the trade is finished.

moorey

call me Mia
LTIL: saw cops pull over a Tesla this morning
And you love it coz you’re jealous?
No interest in one, but if I was a car guy with money, who wanted to experience supercar performance at 1/10 of the price, I’d have a crack.
I’d rather the cops focus on the 100’s of clapped out commodores without licence plates.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
And you love it coz you’re jealous?
No interest in one, but if I was a car guy with money, who wanted to experience supercar performance at 1/10 of the price, I’d have a crack.
I’d rather the cops focus on the 100’s of clapped out commodores without licence plates.
Jealous and funny thinking that the cops probably just pulled it over to take a look!

They're still expensive cars...

moorey

call me Mia
Jealous and funny thinking that the cops probably just pulled it over to take a look!

They're still expensive cars...
They are expensive, but performance wise, punching well above their weight.
I have a lot of respect for Musk. Not saying he’s a saint, but he’s not your run of the mill billionaire entrepreneur.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@Plankosaurus

Best part about being a mature age apprentice is the other tradies wont hang nearly as much shit on you! I hated that fact when I was an 18yr old first year, watching the 30yr old 1st year get treated like a human hahaha.

Tafe is awesome btw. Getting paid to sit in a classroom is pretty good, and contrary to popular belief I found the tafe teachers to know alot about the trade.

Just don’t sniff too much of the red priming fluid, it’s bad stuff *thumbsupsmiley*