Rider etiquette sticky?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Have also been chased by some pretty mean looking dogs on those trails as people see it as a good spot to drive their cars to these trails and let their pitbulls and what not out thinking no one's ever about.
But it's a great way to keep the adrenaline up and push through the lactic acid!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Air horn in bottle cage or strapped to frame ... dooo iiitttt
Nah too hard to reach in a pinch. The air horn belongs in a chest holster.

Maybe he could do an mtb etiquette ditty? Any takers for some lyrics?
I'm sure I can find some colourful words and jumble them into order. Does it need to rhyme? Or can it be more scream core "get the fuck out the way!" kind of shit?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I'm sure I can find some colourful words and jumble them into order. Does it need to rhyme? Or can it be more scream core "get the fuck out the way!" kind of shit?
Yeah I was thinking the latter, Lemmy Kilmister style...

Stop at the trailhead
(kids chorus: stop at the trailhead)
Look to your left
(kids: there's a fuckwit in nicks on a Huffy)
Look to your right
(kids: and his mate on a Repco)
Look to your left again
(kids: fark - can't unsee that moose knuckle)
Then if the trail is full of wankers
Yell "get the fuck out of the way! Yes, run!"
..."get the fuck out of the way! Yes, run!"
Fuck off you dog-off-leash-iPod-wearing-ignorant-motherfucker!
Don't fuck up my fucking Strava run you fucker! Fuck orrrrrrf!

upload_2018-8-7_21-24-44.png

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh yeah icon see this now...a song like lemmy full of speed and angry he can't rode his bike the way he wants in his style at his own pace because other douche bags are all up in his grill...there will be some ironic self reflection involved because we can all be the victims of douche bags and not realise that we are also being a douche. Gutter roar chant of "stravaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Exactly, only through Lemmy does one achieve enlightenment. I have it on good authority that he used to give way to riders going both up AND down too.

This is my angriest thread. All the riders I've met have been cool af. I'm just old and cranky.

OK Boomer. I'm not even a Boomer lol.

Just Ok

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Almost 13 years later... what has changed? I think to avoid the problem race organisers for 24hour races and mass participation like Fling and the like be conducted entirely on fire trails. :D:D