Confessions from the fuckwits

BT180

Max Pfaff
Managed to round the head on my Maxle by assuming my hex key was inserted far enough, when it wasn't.

Question is; How the fck do i get this out now?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
you need a hammer. belt the allen key back in.

Or grab a torx key that's a tiny bit bigger and bash that in. the pointy edges will cut in and give you something to turn off. This will fuck it totally though, so expect to buy a new maxle.

Edit: just to be clear, you need to whack the torx bit in too. :)
hammers ftw

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
you need a hammer. belt the allen key back in.

Or grab a torx key that's a tiny bit bigger and bash that in. the pointy edges will cut in and give you something to turn off. This will fuck it totally though, so expect to buy a new maxle.

Edit: just to be clear, you need to whack the torx bit in too. :)
hammers ftw
If in doubt give it a clout, the bigger the doubt the bigger the clout.

slowmick

38-39"
The other option i have found is use the short end of an allen key and then flex the handle end of the key towards the bolt to get the key to jam across the width of the bolt.

Stupid soft Ti seat clamp bolts.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Tracked today's spin with MapMyRide app.

Not something I'm really into but was curious about the km's and pace my 6 year old was churning out.

Anyway, during the ride I've heard someone coming up behind and told the kid to pull over to let them through. Get off the side of the track and wait, but no one is coming through. Kept going and then I hear them again a bit further down the track. Same drill, pull over but no one is there. Get going again and then it happens a third. When I hear it a fourth time is finally dawns on me that it's the app mumbling something in my pocket...

Minlak

custom titis
Sigh.... I shortened my bars a little as I have had a few bar strikes lately and I realised I don't have my hands at the end of the bar anyway. I then needed to move my brakes inward a little bit. As I tightened the bar clamp on the levers it snapped. I am not sure but I think I might have moved it a freckle too close to the where the bars start to flare and it was a bit tilted. Ordered 2 new clamps as then I have spare... a lovely $50 surprise mistake .... FML

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Mine's a double!

First off, I was about to start today's ride with The Boy at Lysty, when I realized my helmet and gloves weren't in the boot like they're supposed to be. I must have left them in the car park after my last ride at Eumeralla. Luckily, I had my full-face with me. The Boy kindly offered to wear that, then after I while we swapped, because I fucked up, I should pay the penalty.

Then, near the bottom of Dog Pound, without any warning my dropper remote decided to literally fly off the handle, and before I could catch it, it ended up in the front wheel, pulling the hose out of the external frame mounts and rendering the post useless (well, it's a Reverb, so even more useless than usual). Apparently checking bolts is a thing you should do every now and then?

The Boy very much enjoyed the remainder of his ride, while I slowly made my way back to the car park.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine's a double!

First off, I was about to start today's ride with The Boy at Lysty, when I realized my helmet and gloves weren't in the boot like they're supposed to be. I must have left them in the car park after my last ride at Eumeralla. Luckily, I had my full-face with me. The Boy kindly offered to wear that, then after I while we swapped, because I fucked up, I should pay the penalty.

Then, near the bottom of Dog Pound, without any warning my dropper remote decided to literally fly off the handle, and before I could catch it, it ended up in the front wheel, pulling the hose out of the external frame mounts and rendering the post useless (well, it's a Reverb, so even more useless than usual). Apparently checking bolts is a thing you should do every now and then?

The Boy very much enjoyed the remainder of his ride, while I slowly made my way back to the car park.
Bugger, didn't you do the helmet thing once before?