What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Track Maintenance Day. Little Sender was keen to get the bikes out the instant we arrived. Took a bit of effort to get the 'earn ya turn' through his head but we got there.

Wasn't the only thing we did, but we built a bridge over some water ruts that were getting deeper. Should buy us a few more years

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Who's a fatty fatso then?!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Lol

Turns out I knew about this problem (built the wheel with used spokes and nipples) and had bought new spokes and nipples to fix it but clean forgot in a drug fuelled haze. Perfect rebuild, I doubt my poor form will cause another AWOL nipple

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Got the boys together for a ride. Here's one of me hoping I don't fall short.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Well done man! that's an intimidating feature and one I haven't built up the courage to hit yet. Do you do the step down after that as well?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well done man! that's an intimidating feature and one I haven't built up the courage to hit yet. Do you do the step down after that as well?
Nah I haven't hit the drop after but will try and muster the courage. It would be so sweet to link into greenies jump line!

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I tried to get these pedals off some years ago and one of them had the crank insert come out with it. I applied Loctite on the insert but no joy. I thought I'd take another crack at it and it looks like the Loctite set properly over maybe 5 years, got both pedals out with the persuader shown.

eastern-pedals.jpg

The front Hayes brake has failed and as mentioned somewhere here it's not worth trying to fix, do newer brakes still fit this sort of mount from 2004? I need something cheap and would like to keep the rotors, bike is going to be converted to electric and mainly be used for fire trails and basic stuff by a mate who is recovering from cancer.

ironhorse-brakes.jpg

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I tried to get these pedals off some years ago and one of them had the crank insert come out with it. I applied Loctite on the insert but no joy. I thought I'd take another crack at it and it looks like the Loctite set properly over maybe 5 years, got both pedals out with the persuader shown.

View attachment 364105

The front Hayes brake has failed and as mentioned somewhere here it's not worth trying to fix, do newer brakes still fit this sort of mount from 2004? I need something cheap and would like to keep the rotors, bike is going to be converted to electric and mainly be used for fire trails and basic stuff by a mate who is recovering from cancer.

View attachment 364106
Yep, it's in trying to fit up older IS calipers to post mount that headaches ensue. Another set of brakes will work fine here

Hit me up, @wkkie gave me too many brakes on the weekend so I've got some to give away. What Hayes brakes are we talking?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

View attachment 364105

View attachment 364106
Manitou Sherman forks, no worries with fitment there..good fork those, keep them alive!