What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
20240425_104855 1.jpg

Early (for me) skid around the local network as I didn't trust the weather forecast. Conditions were perfect, great fun. New super thick soled RC Concept shoes have felt a bit clunky elsewhere but were excellent at dialling out chatter and taking the sting out of drops etc. when there's no rear suspension.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have been toying with the idea of giving the Greater Sydney Ride a crack. There are 230k and 150k loop. Got a phone mount, powerbank and a bunch of Clif bars and spare tubes.

Well, it isn't easy and there are plenty of hills around. It was hectic in the city and pubs all had queues outside and loads of people just walking around. You can't dodge them all. I did half of the 150km and headed back home using the commuting route that I did once upon a time.

Great day for it but hot and busy. Will have to poke myself with sharp stick to do the lot one day, but still plenty to see on the first half.

Anyhow, here are the happy snaps from the very successful 'Bike leaning on stuff' series. The mapping app munted the return path since I didn't follow what I was supposed too. Ahhh, technology.

Screenshot_20240425_173126.jpg
20240425_093405.jpg
20240425_111212.jpg
20240425_115054.jpg
20240425_123159.jpg
20240425_124350.jpg
20240425_132546.jpg
20240425_135606.jpg
20240425_153022.jpg
20240425_155120.jpg

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I have been toying with the idea of giving the Greater Sydney Ride a crack. There are 230k and 150k loop. Got a phone mount, powerbank and a bunch of Clif bars and spare tubes.

Well, it isn't easy and there are plenty of hills around. It was hectic in the city and pubs all had queues outside and loads of people just walking around. You can't dodge them all. I did half of the 150km and headed back home using the commuting route that I did once upon a time.

Great day for it but hot and busy. Will have to poke myself with sharp stick to do the lot one day, but still plenty to see on the first half.

Anyhow, here are the happy snaps from the very successful 'Bike leaning on stuff' series. The mapping app munted the return path since I didn't follow what I was supposed too. Ahhh, technology.

View attachment 408911View attachment 408912View attachment 408913View attachment 408914View attachment 408915View attachment 408916View attachment 408917View attachment 408918View attachment 408919View attachment 408920
I'll bet this neo-pro did the full 230k.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Far out @Mr Crudley that is a huge ride!!!

I had a trip to the quarry of doom planned for further shake rattle and roll testing of the ibis. Heavy rain last night really kicked that idea in the balls. So we hit the local jumps for a few laps as they don't hold much moisture. I attempted a tuck + whip combo and came very close to not being on the bike at landing time. I'll need some practise on this.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Far out @Mr Crudley that is a huge ride!!!

I had a trip to the quarry of doom planned for further shake rattle and roll testing of the ibis. Heavy rain last night really kicked that idea in the balls. So we hit the local jumps for a few laps as they don't hold much moisture. I attempted a tuck + whip combo and came very close to not being on the bike at landing time. I'll need some practise on this.
Thanks Poods. It was a good change.

Gee, unlucky to have the rain yesterday for you. I had to get into the sunscreen and get slowly grilled.
You will be tailwhipping like a 16 year old soon enough!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I'm thinking of changing tack and instead source a set of Race Face Aeffect R cranks to fit to my bike.

I have a spare 32T chainring so I'll fit the AbsoluteBLACK oval chainring to the new cranks, move my Race Face Ride cranks to my son's bike along with the original round Race Face chainring, then move my son's SRAM SX cranks to my daughter's bike. They're all 73mm bottom bracket shells to they'll all fit no worries.

I can post in wanted but in case anyone has a set of Aeffect R cranks then let me know!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you still heading towards racing in some enduro events? Once all the rain eases up and your qld mud dries of course...if so, you should buy my saint cranks and know they will make you stronger.

They may also be useful if you need to fight off a flock of drip bears.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Are you still heading towards racing in some enduro events? Once all the rain eases up and your qld mud dries of course...if so, you should buy my saint cranks and know they will make you stronger.

They may also be useful if you need to fight off a flock of drip bears.

Haha, thanks for the offer but I want to stick with my oval chainring so that means a Cinch interface.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not into the camo pattern, but if I could find something 26 in big bold colours (like the deep blue on that tyre or neon pink) I might be up for some new town tyres!