COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
...more new cases in victoria (484) yesterday than the whole of the UK (445) over a 24 hour period.
...seems we are officially FUCKED
Given that diseases tend to grow exponentially, and that there's a lag between control measures and infection rates - I would wait at least another week before expecting the peak.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Was always going to happen. Controlling this required virtually everyone not being fuckwits and behaving in a manner that considers other people - this was a non starter...
...that doesnt correlate with the rest of australia's numbers though does it...?
i know we have our fair share of fuckwits in vic but id say its proportional with the rest of australia's 'fuckwit ratio'
or is it just a matter of time before the other states succumb too...?

Given that diseases tend to grow exponentially, and that there's a lag between control measures and infection rates - I would wait at least another week before expecting the peak.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
....so it will go into the 1000s you reckon?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
...that doesnt correlate with the rest of australia's numbers though does it...?
i know we have our fair share of fuckwits in vic but id say its proportional with the rest of australia's 'fuckwit ratio'
If and or when other states develop some untracked community transmission, we'll all suffer the same fate.
The hope is that the hard borders keep the cases isolated to one state.

I know that there's some interstate hoo haa but at the end of the day, it's a national problem no matter where it resides

ualf

Likes Dirt
It is also possible that there is an effect on transmission rates governed by population density,

The Melbourne metropolitan area has, on average, nearly 100 more people per square kilometer than the Sydney metropolitan area.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
As a Victorian, I’d say our fuckwit ratio is pretty damn high... But as you say, perhaps no worse than the rest of straya.

But yes, I’d say it’s a matter of time. I think Victoria has handled it better and done more than other states, but it’s had more to deal with.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was always going to happen. Controlling this required virtually everyone not being fuckwits and behaving in a manner that considers other people - this was a non starter...
Nah sorry it’s too infectious to just blame bad behaviour.. I know of a case that caught it off a client at physo appointment then passed it on to their kids and grand parents. All spread asymptotic.. Lower restrictions allowed and encouraged all those movements/interactions.. Hardly fuckwit behaviour..

moorey

call me Mia
Nah sorry it’s too infectious to just blame bad behaviour.. I know of a case that caught it off a client at physo appointment then passed it on to their kids and grand parents. All spread asymptotic.. Lower restrictions allowed and encouraged all those movements/interactions.. Hardly fuckwit behaviour..
But in Vic, the recent outbreak seems to be able to be traced 100% back to the quarantine fuck up. EVERY CASE! At least as last heard. We were sitting pretty until then.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But in Vic, the recent outbreak seems to be able to be traced 100% back to the quarantine fuck up. EVERY CASE! At least as last heard. We were sitting pretty until then.
I am talking about the spread of it not the intial outbreak.. But even then did the family of the security guards know they were banging the infected in quarantine? The fuckwits seem to be the gov and depts that hired monkeys to do bio security..

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The examples used of people waiting out test results at work, in shopping centres, supermarkets etc was a real kick in the teeth.

Relying on people to have the nous to stay at home and commitment to it was always fraught with danger, but at least the messaging is very clear now.

moorey

call me Mia
The figure from the Andrews press conference yesterday that 9 out of 10 people had not self isolated post exposure was really disappointing.
Yeah, the news I'm seeing around this is infuriating. I'm all for throwing the book at anyone found to be knowingly out and about while infected. People can/are die from pathetic acts of selfishness.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
mask guidelines published for those interested

reasons NOT to wear a mask
(a) the person is an infant or a child under the age of 12 years; or
(b) the person is a student while onsite at a primary school in the Restricted Area or at a school they attend outside the Restricted Area; or
(c) the person has a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, which makes wearing a face covering unsuitable; or
Examples: persons who have obstructed breathing, a serious skin condition on their face, an intellectual disability, a mental health illness, or who have experienced trauma.
(d) the person is communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing and visibility of the mouth is essential for communication; or
(e) the nature of a person’s work means that wearing a face covering creates a risk to their health and safety; or
(f) the nature of a person’s work means that clear enunciation or visibility of the mouth is essential; or
Examples: teaching, lecturing, broadcasting.
(g) the person is a professional sportsperson when training or competing; or
(h) the person is engaged in any strenuous physical exercise; or
Examples: jogging, running.
(i) the person is travelling in a vehicle by themselves or where each other person in the vehicle ordinarily resides at the same premises; or
(j) the person is riding a bicycle or motorcycle; or
(k) the person is consuming food, drink or medicine; or
(l) the person is undergoing dental or medical care or treatment to the extent that such care or treatment requires that no face covering be worn; or
(m) the person is asked to remove the face covering to ascertain identity; or
Examples: a person may be asked by police, security, bank or post office staff to remove a face covering to ascertain identity or when purchasing alcohol or cigarettes.
(n) for emergency purposes; or
(o) required or authorised by law; or
(p) doing so is not safe in all the circumstances.
...yeh. this is gonna work.../s

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I know there needs to be genuine exceptions...not sure they all are, or are super clear. Read this morning that police have some discretion. That is no great help.