Fox Suspension sues Slik Graphics

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Legitimately tempted to draw up "Faux Fecktory" graphics, send them off to some random Aliexpress seller to have printed then stick em on my Pike 409's for a bit of a laugh.. Hmm.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Fuck Fox. Slick provide a service to Fox customers that Fox aren't willing to provide themselves. I've bought Slik kits for almost every Fox fork I've had in the last ten years. It's a little thing that provides that last little bit of OCD satisfaction, and in no way damages Fox commercially. Probably adds value to their fork product in regard to non oem sales. Fox are likely shitty because the Slik kits are better than their oem stuff and better than the Fox heritage kit I bought quality wise.

edit: LOL at rockshox posting on Slik's instagram basically saying more cool kits for our stuff!

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I think the worlds Foxes[ animals ]should do a class action get Slater and Gordon to sue both Fox people on their behalf.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The petition will make no difference. They still have the brands tab on their website... as if they are the authorised dealer to sell the decals.

I have used them a few times over the years, ENVE decals twice and Fox fork decals twice, latest was about a year or so back where they matched my HighTowers strange Wicklow Green colour perfectly for fork decals.

They are filling a niche where the people want to match up their fork decals to the frame colour but in reality, you cant just rip off a brand that also produces aftermarket decals for their forks.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck Fox. Slick provide a service to Fox customers that Fox aren't willing to provide themselves. I've bought Slik kits for almost every Fox fork I've had in the last ten years. It's a little thing that provides that last little bit of OCD satisfaction, and in no way damages Fox commercially. Probably adds value to their fork product in regard to non oem sales. Fox are likely shitty because the Slik kits are better than their oem stuff and better than the Fox heritage kit I bought quality wise.

edit: LOL at rockshox posting on Slik's instagram basically saying more cool kits for our stuff!
Spot on mate, Fuck FOX. I have Colour matched all my fork stickers for years via Slik. FOX weren't doing it so whats the fucking big deal? This shit pisses me off. And I agree, Slik stuff is better than the paltry FOX Heritage offering.

Binaural

Eats Squid
As I've been saying in the other thread, this is a pretty clear cut case of trademark (not copyright) infringement. You can't just go putting other people's logos on your stuff and selling it without their permission. If they don't crack down on this, they're leaving it wide open for anyone to do it.
Basically this - these guys should have known that using the trademark of another company and putting it out as semi-official was always going to be pretty risky. They definitely aren't a big time, and these guys are providing a service that Fox weren't, but using somebody else's trademark without permission means your business can get dried up at any time. Bear in mind that Fox have actually exercised restraint here; standard practice with infringers who've established a revenue stream is to seek punitive damages.