What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

tobbogonist

a registered member
Sounds awesome! Don't make B-lines, just step up and commit to victory!

Don't forget to include water and erosion management from the get go! It's easier to have it there from the start than put it in later and try to repair your damage.

He will be...after the zap!

You may as well sell me that intense now and get yourself an e-Bike as well.

Link please @wkkie !!!!
Drainage is going to be a major problem down the line. I'm still at the top of the hill for now should be okay. Its about a K and and half down to the river, I'm going to have to put in some Northshore type things in.
Haha b lines are my favourite lines. I'm going to start again further over and put in something mellow, come back to this track over the summer.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
WINDY. IT'S WINDY TODAY

F*** me, novelty of that wore off fairly quickly. In my YT pedal I dropped past the Alphington pump track and initial reaction was "oh sweet place isn't flooded with small children, let's get a few laps in." Took less than one lap to work out why it was pretty deserted....

Fun ride though otherwise, pretty stuffed now. Also messed around with suspension settings again and bike felt a bit off, then reset to factory and it was awesome again. It's like I don't know more than bike engineers or something.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
WINDY. IT'S WINDY TODAY

F*** me, novelty of that wore off fairly quickly. In my YT pedal I dropped past the Alphington pump track and initial reaction was "oh sweet place isn't flooded with small children, let's get a few laps in." Took less than one lap to work out why it was pretty deserted....

Fun ride though otherwise, pretty stuffed now. Also messed around with suspension settings again and bike felt a bit off, then reset to factory and it was awesome again. It's like I don't know more than bike engineers or something.
Not with that attitude! They aren't your boss!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
WINDY. IT'S WINDY TODAY

Well it's time to say good bye to the blanket...

Also if you are going to bud shore, include a see-saw! It sounds intimidating, but you'll love it! Just be reasonable I. Your expectations when you build.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Done deal. I was going to try and hunt up a coil to suit her weight, then start the (probably long) wait for an air shock that fits.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
pretty sure mine is 185mm X 52mm trunnion, just to be sure, to be sure!...I would assume that they all run the same size, good to confirm though

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took a blowtorch to my brake pads as they were making a squawk when starting off, this disappeared after 10-20 mins... what the f%#k has just came out of them ???

I have never had this before... looks like aluminium balls.

Front and back were the same.

View attachment 380684
10-20 minutes? :oops:

That is probably resin or something meltable in the pad compound that's come out of the pores in the material. Try them first, but those pads might be destined for the bin... :(

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

That is probably resin or something meltable in the pad compound that's come out of the pores in the material. Try them first, but those pads might be destined for the bin... :(
:p I didn't blow torch them for 10-20 minutes, the squawk disappeared after 10-20 minutes.

Only hit them with the blow torch for 20 secs. These little balls appeared immediately.

A driveway test worked well... will ride tomorrow.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Took a blowtorch to my brake pads as they were making a squawk when starting off, this disappeared after 10-20 mins... what the f%#k has just came out of them ???

I have never had this before... looks like aluminium balls.

Front and back were the same.

View attachment 380684

Nah, I've inadvertently done that on a BBQ to a pair of mine. Can't vouch for total lifespan, but they were fine to use after. I just filed the balls down so they wouldn't score the rotors