Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It was briefly a trend among bogans here to ride things like that along the harbour promenade. It took quite a while before the cops put a top to it. Then the local paper ran a slow news day story about a local fellow that converted his recliner chair to a similar form of transport.
I class myself as a bogan orientated bloke, a day 4WDing, jet skis, fishing... getting on the beers for the slightest celebration of Aussie makes me happy, I eat pub meals, drink bogan beers, I'm an Irish bogan.

Tassie is full of what you mainlanders class as bogans, the rest of them are tree hugging earth muffins.

I would love to go live there... maybe in a few years time.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I class myself as a bogan orientated bloke, a day 4WDing, jet skis, fishing... getting on the beers for the slightest celebration of Aussie makes me happy, I eat pub meals, drink bogan beers, I'm an Irish bogan.

Tassie is full of what you mainlanders class as bogans, the rest of them are tree hugging earth muffins.

Hmmm...not sure which stereotype I fit into. I eat pub meals, don't jet ski but we are driving to Ulverstone tomorrow to pick up a ski boat, I love building campfire and endlessly paying with them. We have a caravan on a lake in the Derwent Valley. I also love the bush, riding in the bush and even bush walking. Perplexing...

Flow-Rider

Burner

I have family & friends there that I never talk about for a reason and they're more than bogan, I can put up with bogan no worries, but these are no different to feral animals :D.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
PS I am jealous that @Haakon can just pack up and move to Tassie in his current employment.
Me too, although I am generally salty at anyone that is moving to Tas with these rose-coloured glasses and didn't have to do the hard yards of Tasmania like it was in the 90s - rife with homophobia, racism, domestic violence, unemployment, living with Port Arthur etc. probably a large element of that still there but yuppie-washed to some extent.

still, would love to go down and continue to inflate the house prices and gentrify it a bit further, it can’t remain a rural society for ever…

Flow-Rider

Burner
Me too, although I am generally salty at anyone that is moving to Tas with these rose-coloured glasses and didn't have to do the hard yards of Tasmania like it was in the 90s - rife with homophobia, racism, domestic violence, unemployment, living with Port Arthur etc. probably a large element of that still there but yuppie-washed to some extent.

still, would love to go down and continue to inflate the house prices and gentrify it a bit further, it can’t remain a rural society for ever…
I laughed a bit when I read that but sadly it's all true, you forgot to mention the braap brap type. Places like Launie and Bridgeport are unfortunately still like that.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President

ozzybmx

I have family & friends there that I never talk about for a reason and they're more than bogan, I can put up with bogan no worries, but these are no different to feral animals :D.
Feral chunts are fuckheads. The Bogan label is an Aussie thing, some people dont like "AUSSIE " and label it bogan.

I am 100% what people would label a bogan without seeing me.

ozzybmx

Hmmm...not sure which stereotype I fit into. I eat pub meals, don't jet ski but we are driving to Ulverstone tomorrow to pick up a ski boat, I love building campfire and endlessly paying with them. We have a caravan on a lake in the Derwent Valley. I also love the bush, riding in the bush and even bush walking. Perplexing...
It's called enjoying life mate, fuck the labels.

moorey

call me Mia
I remember Crow Eater was the standard term of endearment for a person from south australia growing up as a young sandgroper. Pretty much the same as all queenslanders were banana benders.
Indeed. Seems to have fallen out of the lexicon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I remember Crow Eater was the standard term of endearment for a person from south australia growing up as a young sandgroper. Pretty much the same as all queenslanders were banana benders.

I don't think you were doing the same thing to the sand gropers (nor were the south Australians doing with their crows) what the Queenslanders are doing to bend their bananas... I believe Tasmanians and their cousins or New Zealanders and their sheep do however share some similarity with Queenslanders and their bananas.