Bargain buys thread

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve been looking at something like an alloy Sight to add to the stable. Found this c1 buried in the 99 sale which would be a nice pick up for someone who can do M or XL

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’ve been looking at something like an alloy Sight to add to the stable. Found this c1 buried in the 99 sale which would be a nice pick up for someone who can do M or XL

What are you looking to do on or gain from this new addition @sane ? And are you after a large?

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are you looking to do on or gain from this new addition @sane ? And are you after a large?
I have a 120mm trail bike as my do it all rig, last time I was up on a proper mountain I suffered from serious travel envy.
Just went to the local 99, definitely need a large. Bummer

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a 120mm trail bike as my do it all rig, last time I was up on a proper mountain I suffered from serious travel envy.
Just went to the local 99, definitely need a large. Bummer
I can wholeheartedly recommend jumping on those run out ibis deals. In my searching I also came across some nice deals on mondrakers. The mondraker deals weren't as sharp as the ibis deal and all the bikes had 28 spoke wheels to which I have an (perhaps outdated) aversion.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah 28 holes on enduro, freeride, park, and dh builds seems like a silly idea to me, without even factoring in my poor technique and hefty build.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah 28 holes on enduro, freeride, park, and dh builds seems like a silly idea to me, without even factoring in my poor technique and hefty build.
I would agree actually but a bike I bought years ago came with DT Swiss 28 holes. Lasted 5 years of abuse. Rim still in one piece but the spokes explode. In saying that I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy a 28 hole rim but I don’t think it’s so cut and dry. @Mattyp’s example is a bad one as those RF rims are made of cheese regardless of the hole count.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or you could have a chat to this guy?

jrewing

Eats Squid
King brown is at the top, there would have been a bit more smoking before you got down ;)
And yes, and the noise. I chose to see how much we can render a disc destroyed at the bottom. Wasnt too bad.
I only had one set of pads spare, and the front got them a couple runs earlier at lunchtime.

Still stopped moderately Ok haha.

edit- disc had worn to 1.5mm so its toast

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Old school Santa Cruz Jackal FS on Facebook...Its the one that @moorey always hated (looks like a dog doing a poopoo) Horizontal dropouts, frame looks to be in great cond...cheap at $250

jrewing

Eats Squid
Old school Santa Cruz Jackal FS on Facebook...Its the one that @moorey always hated (looks like a dog doing a poopoo) Horizontal dropouts, frame looks to be in great cond...cheap at $250
I hold fond memories of the mad cu@ts that raced these in the hardtail category in DH of this era.

Gone already?